How to auto turn off 777vr1 router?

• Thread starter Thread starter dragonball
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 10,095
I don't know of any home routers that have a function to power off completely by themselves, unless they go kaput. 😛

What exactly are you trying to achieve? some routers do support dropping the internet connection on demand, even the 777vr1 should, but for the 777vr1 it is only when the connection is idle.

I want the Radio Waves to not interefere my sleep. Basically I am trying to turn off RF Radiation at my specific time (1 in the night till 8 in the morning)

😀 how many wireless networks does your phone shows at this very moment? just curious.

i mean i get it. wireless routers are known to disrupt sleep. my house has like four routers and that probably explain why i cannot get a peaceful night of sleep. but even if i shut down off at night... there are like 6 other wireless networks from neighbors that are accessible from my room ?

anyhow. if your router does not have an internal feature, one way would be to get a smart switch that comes with a programmable mobile app. though it might end up costing more than a decent router with internal feature.

nighthawk is like a super premium router lol.

BUDfH8a.png

one of my old routers running a pretty old build of dd-wrt only has a restart feature.

Oh tis the wifi that you want turned off, most routers have a button on then that can do that exact job for you, maybe the 777vr1 one has that too? Don't have one so can't say. Some can even do it in the firmware as well.

nighthawk is like a super premium router lol.

BUDfH8a.png

one of my old routers running a pretty old build of dd-wrt only has a restart feature.

Yeah but like he said, the wifi toggle isn't restricted to only the super high end routers. My good ol' WNDR 3700 too has the button. 😛

You can run a script on DDWRT to turn it on or off as well.

I can see two buttons just above the LAN ports.

mDFOzZd.jpg

Check what are that for.

Just realised it won't solve your purpose as you can simply power it off 😀

Yeah but like he said, the wifi toggle isn't restricted to only the super high end routers. My good ol' WNDR 3700 too has the button. 😛

You can run a script on DDWRT to turn it on or off as well.

What will that DDWRT script be? I am not a script writer.

there are like 6 other wireless networks from neighbors that are accessible from my room ?
All these neighbours' router do not matter. You know why? Because EMF follows inverse square law form the distance of router. That means for every cm further away the router is, its harmful radiation will decrease by square of distance. Hence something which is far away, you are safe from its radiation. But something which is just next to your bed, that is dangerous. So the only thing that you need to worry about is the router in your bedroom, not neighbours' routers.