BSNL updated Broadband/FTTH plans for Chennai

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi guys,

I have been following this forum for quite some time now, but did not register. BSNL Chennai has revised its FTTH and broadband plans and it's very exciting. At my place my only choice is BSNL broadband and railwire. I have both.

New broadband plans : Source

New FTTH plans : Source

Chennai users dont have to hope for happy browsing offer anymore as pre FUP quotas has been increased massively. Happy times for us folks!
I really hope railwire wakes up to competition like BSNL did.

Thanks
Antony

It's such a shame they don't offer the same FTTH plans pan-India. I'm on the comparative 1995 plan in Bangalore which offers only 250 GB of data at 80 Mbps. 3X less data for the same price!

Today i enquired about FTTH in Chennai with Bsnl sales assosiate, he said that " Fibernet is not yet available in Chennai"
Did anybody using Fibernet in Chennai ? can you please tell me where you located in Chennai ?

It's such a shame they don't offer the same FTTH plans pan-India. I'm on the comparative 1995 plan in Bangalore which offers only 250 GB of data at 80 Mbps. 3X less data for the same price!

I think this has to do with competition. As far as I know except railwire, almost all major operators like Airtel, Hathway and Cherrinet are offering ridiculously high FUP quotas here in Chennai. Airtel offers 200 GB + 750 GB for 999 a month with data roll over. Hathway offers 1000 GB for 999 a month. Cherrinet offers unlimited usage for 999 a month. This revision was long due by BSNL Chennai.

Today i enquired about FTTH in Chennai with Bsnl sales assosiate, he said that " Fibernet is not yet available in Chennai"
Did anybody using Fibernet in Chennai ? can you please tell me where you located in Chennai ?

It's available only in bsnl office buildings and bsnl employee houses.😀

You are absolutely right. There should be standard plans across India for FTTH
In Gurgaon my plan is ₹1295/- 100Mbps_130GB_2Mbps . But due to happy browsing it's basically an unlimited plan.
Note: It has symmetrical speed.