Ericsson Awarded MTNL Broadband Access Contract

google_singh

Regular
Ericsson Awarded MTNL Broadband Access Contract in IndiaSTOCKHOLM, Sweden --(Business Wire)-- Oct. 20, 2004 -- Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERICY) has been selected by Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL), one of the leading Indian incumbent operators to supply broadband access network to Delhi and Mumbai, the country's two largest metropolitan areas. MTNL plans to launch the services by the end of this year, offering broadcast TV, video on demand and high-speed Internet. The contract is on a turnkey basis for the supply and rollout of Ericsson's solutions Ethernet DSL Access and Ethernet aggregation technology into the MTNL network. It includes a complete end-to-end broadband access solution including upgrading of existing telephony lines with Ethernet DSL technology, customer premises equipment, bandwidth provisioning system and aggregation network. "Ericsson is honoured to have been selected by MTNL in executing and delivering state of the art broadband access solutions to support MTNL vision of spearheading the broadband revolution in India," said Jan Campbell, Managing Director, Ericsson India. The ADSL2+ technology selected by MTNL for the m@$$ rollout, will allow MTNL to offer up to 24 Mbps bandwidth to the customers over existing copper lines. Through its unique scalability and low cost of ownership, Ericsson's Ethernet DSL Access solution is designed to enable cost-effective deployment from small to large nodes. It enables high bandwidth-demanding services to be supported, while at the same time reducing transmission costs radically. Ericsson is shaping the future of Mobile and Broadband Internet communications through its continuous technology leadership. Providing innovative solutions in more than 140 countries, Ericsson is helping to create the most powerful communication companies in the world.

Delhi and Mumbai do they need more providers 🙂also, dude... better if you post snippets and post a link to news source!

You not old news this post itself is 2 yrs old 😛 , see the posting date 😀

*snif* *snif* 🙁I thought it was something really good when I saw the topic but now I am disappointed 🙁