IPTV vs VoD - what is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thameemstar

ISP
BSNL
Hey, I am a new member of this forum, this is really cool. I have a doubt regarding the TV channels through internet. I am not sure if there is a difference between IPTV and VoD. If there is a difference can any one tell me how the difference is? and how to avail these services? because I have a BSNL dataone broadband connection , I am in chennai. we have a TV , that too for name same, having the age old antenna and three channels DD1 , DD2 and podhigai. We don't have a cable connection for the past 15 years because of the reason that we have a lot of work in our home around 10 to 12 hrs a day. so only for this reason we don't have a cable connection. I heard that BSNL is going to lauch TV channels through broadband connection. I have been reading review of this service already available in few of the states in India. can anyone tell me how this actually works?

Vod means video on demand, u can select from 100s of movies and see at ur will. IPTV is internet protocol TV and VoD is part of it. For normal user IPTV is similar to normal TV viewing except better quality and control and many more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.