BSNL new account questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Udit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,328

Udit

Hi, I am planning on getting a new account for my fiancee. I had a couple of questions.1. Do you need a computer to activate the account initially? My fiancee does not have a computer and the primary purpose that I would be using it for is going to be VOIP. I am planning on using a hardware VOIP solution that would not require me to have a computer because its cheaper.2. Do you need to physically log into the network everytime you want to use it as you do with a PPOP (dialup) account or once activated it is always on?Thanks!

Originally posted by Udit@Aug 2 2005, 12:44 PM
Hi,

I am planning on getting a new account for my fiancee. I had a couple of questions.

1. Do you need a computer to activate the account initially? My fiancee does not have a computer and the primary purpose that I would be using it for is going to be VOIP. I am planning on using a hardware VOIP solution that would not require me to have a computer because its cheaper.

2. Do you need to physically log into the network everytime you want to use it as you do with a PPOP (dialup) account or once activated it is always on?

Thanks!
[snapback]19533[/snapback]
[/quote]

Regarding the second question, if you shut down your PC then you have to dialin using PPOE (You can create one from the control panel of Windows). You can also leave your modem always on without switching it off. If you switch off then it will take some time to Sync (Sometimes it will be 10-15 minutes)

Originally posted by nandu_n@Aug 2 2005, 07:20 AM
Regarding the second question, if you shut down your PC then you have to dialin using PPOE (You can create one from the control panel of Windows). You can also leave your modem always on without switching it off. If you switch off then it will take some time to Sync (Sometimes it will be 10-15 minutes)
[snapback]19578[/snapback]
[/quote]

If we keep the modem in always on mode on a username/login based broadband connection:

(1) Suppose if i am in the bandwidth dependent connection, if there is no browsing/voip calls will my bandwidth usage increase? i mean the modem keep sending the pockets to the server to keep the connection alive? How much bandwidth loss will be there roughly for 24 h?

(2) Suppose if i am in the time dependent connection mode i think i will be billed irrespective of whether i use or don’t use for the time i am being online? Is that correct?

Any suggestion appreciated.

Originally posted by Udit@Aug 2 2005, 02:14 AM
Hi,

I am planning on getting a new account for my fiancee. I had a couple of questions.

1. Do you need a computer to activate the account initially? My fiancee does not have a computer and the primary purpose that I would be using it for is going to be VOIP. I am planning on using a hardware VOIP solution that would not require me to have a computer because its cheaper.

2. Do you need to physically log into the network everytime you want to use it as you do with a PPOP (dialup) account or once activated it is always on?

Thanks!
[snapback]19533[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am also in the same situation.
I would like to go for a VOIP SIP ATA for my wife without a computer.

I just wanted to know whether U tried? Is it working fine. Is your fiancée able to receive calls 24X7 with login broadband connection without a computer? Is she able to make calls to U?

Any comment is appreciated.

Hi VOIP aspirants,1. U will nedd a computer once at least for setting up and testing the Broadband connection and even to set up VOIP (My Suggestion: borrow somebody's Laptop

Aps_ldhAny news on the legality? I think it is legal as long as you do not use FXO or something to route calls from Internet to PSTN...Just my humble opinion.Deepak