Paytm Bhim UPI

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
4Em8Jc9.png

by default it makes mobilenumber@Paytm. you can create one more.

honestly, the only reason to use tez now is for the scratch cards. Paytm is late to the party but they have the customer base. and it makes sense to use upi from inside paytm app instead of a secondary app!

and it seems to be using the same qrcode scanner for both Paytm and upi qr codes. this should be good.
i mean we might finally see upi being used by shopkeepers especially those who are also operating paytm payments account.

Introducing BHIM UPI on Paytm – Paytm Blog

What is BHIM UPI?
BHIM UPI (Unified Payment Interface) is a mobile payment mode that enables you to make instant money transfers directly between two bank accounts. Additionally, you can also make payments merchants who accept BHIM UPI as a payment mode for transactions.
What is a UPI ID?
UPI ID (also called Virtual Payment Address or VPA) is a unique ID you need to create in order to send and accept money via UPI . Once a UPI address is created and mapped against your existing bank account, you can simply share your UPI address (eg. abc@Paytm) with the payer. Once the payer enters your UPI address and sends the money, it will be directly credited into your bank account.
How do I create a Paytm BHIM UPI ID?
To create Paytm BHIM UPI ID, you can go to the BHIM UPI section on the Paytm app home screen. These IDs will be your registered mobile number. For example, if a Paytm user’s registered mobile number is 9123456789, the UPI ID will be generated as 9123456789@paytm.
Can I edit my Paytm BHIM UPI ID?
You are free to edit your Paytm BHIM UPI ID. You just need to click on your auto-generated Paytm BHIM UPI ID to set your custom ID. For eg: you can change 9123456789@paytm to ravishah@paytm.
Can I link the UPI ID created on Paytm with multiple bank accounts?
You can indeed link your Paytm BHIM UPI ID with multiple bank accounts. However, you will have to set a primary bank account to start sending and receiving money. You can change your primary bank account as and when required.
I have an account with a UPI-enabled bank. However, I am unable to link the same to my Paytm BHIM UPI ID.
The mobile number registered with your existing bank account and Paytm should match to create a Paytm BHIM UPI ID.
Why can’t I transact using BHIM UPI when I log into a different device?
In order to secure your transactions, we verify the mobile number and device that you used when you registered for BHIM UPI on Paytm. If you wish to use a different device to transact using BHIM UPI, you will need to complete the mobile number verification process that will be prompted on app. Your new device should have the SIM card of the mobile number with which you are registered on Paytm.
Is it mandatory to open a Paytm Payments Bank account to create a Paytm BHIM UPI ID?
It is not mandatory to create a Paytm Payments Bank account to create a Paytm BHIM UPI ID. However, you an earn up to 4% annualized interest on money stored in your Paytm Payments Bank account, which can go up to 7% in combination with financial services.
Is there a per transaction limit on BHIM UPI on Paytm?
You can transfer up to Rs. 1 Lakh per day using BHIM UPI, as per the government regulation.
Where can I view my Paytm BHIM UPI transactions?
All Paytm BHIM UPI transactions are available in the Paytm Passbook.
I cannot find my Bank to link with Paytm BHIM UPI ID.
Your bank should be UPI-enabled to be linked to your Paytm BHIM UPI ID. We keep our list of banks updated.
How many bank accounts can I add?
There is no limit on the number of bank accounts that you can add to your Paytm BHIM UPI ID.
Can I pay from my Paytm Wallet using my UPI ID?
Both Wallet and UPI are two different funding sources. You can either pay using Paytm Wallet or using Paytm BHIM UPI ID.
What is a BHIM UPI PIN?
BHIM UPI PIN is a 4 or 6 digit PIN that can be used for authenticating your UPI transactions. Your UPI PIN will be validated by the bank whose account you are using to pay with. The UPI PIN is different for different bank accounts.
How is my Paytm BHIM UPI PIN different from my Paytm password/passcode?
Your Paytm BHIM UPI ID PIN is different from your login password or passcode. You will have to type the PIN that you have set to complete the transaction on all UPI-enabled banks and apps.
What are the charges for transferring money using BHIM UPI?
There are no charges for transferring money using BHIM UPI.
What is the maximum expiry time that I can set while requesting money using BHIM UPI?
You can set a maximum expiry of 45 days while requesting money using your Paytm BHIM UPI ID.
Is Paytm BHIM UPI live on Android as well as iOS?
This feature preview is currently available on the Paytm Android app and will soon be available on iOS as well.

noticed a small popup today in the Paytm app that they are offering 10 rupee cashback on every upi payment. did not take a screenshot so not sure if it's true.