Is stable connection possible on wireless ISPs?

pothi

@127.0.0.1
ISP
BSNL - 3G
VI - LTE
Airtel - LTE/5G
Jio - 5G
I don't know if this is the right place.

I have BSNL Broadband connection. But, it has been unstable during the past 7 days due to reasons beyond my control. My place doesn't have any other broadband networks.

I still remember the days when my IP wouldn't change for over 48 hours. That means the connection didn't drop during that period. Currently, it changes every 15 minutes (for example). It means it completely disconnects and then re-connects.

I mentioned the IP only as an example. I don't need a static IP. I just need a stable connection!

Does anyone know if any GSM/LTE operator provides a stable connection for a prolonged period (at least a day)?

i think most mobile companies have stopped offering public ips.

My line rate and Noise ratio varies every 10 minutes approximately. 🙂 Attenuation is constant at 26 that is expected for the distance of approximately 1km (between exchange and my house).

My bb plan is ULD 999. I don't mind going to a higher plan, if it provides stability. Fiber is not available here. It is a typical village (not even tier 3, city). I've been asking for VDSL for years. AE / JTO requires at least one-more person to be interested to consider this request.

Earlier, my connection had been disconnected a lot sometimes up to a week. But, when it worked, it always worked as expected (with respect to stability). My work can be done even on a 1mbps speed. That's why earlier, I had 1445 plan (for years) that provided 1mbps after FUP.

So, speed is not an issue. Having a static IP is not an issue. Only looking for a stable internet (broadband or mobile). Thanks.

It can be a bad old wire, I used to have the same problem 2 years back. Then BSNL guys changed a wire 500m from my house and now I have the most stable connection among my friends in the same city.

The thing is you need to complain to the right person and keep complaining and calling until they solve your problem.

reducing your line rate might help in stabilising the connection.

Thanks for this info. It is indeed true. Just verified the info!

Got a chance to speak to an AE who has been my long time friend. A new exchange is coming up and migration is going on in this regard. So, complaints pouring in every day. Promised to look into my issue after the completion of migration of exchange.

He confirmed what @aatuif said that reducing the line rate can increase the noise ratio thus bringing in more stability.

A quick heads-up: JIO seems better in terms of stability among wireless ISPs. Of course, its speed comes to a halt at times, especially in the evenings. I don't work on the evenings, though. Probably, time to ditch wired BSNL connection, if it doesn't work as expected by the end of the month.

Even I had a similar problem which developed recently. For many years my Broadband was working absolutely fine, no drops in connection and the speeds were excellent. But in the last 12-15 months the line became unstable, lots of disturbance in the line and the internet frequently disconnected completely, at times I had to restart the router manually. I switched to a TP-Link router from the data-one modem around the same time. But I am sure the router is working fine.

My problem is finally solved a couple of days ago, due to my constant pressure to the persons responsible for the repair. I'd still want to know which is the best wireless ISP that offers better stability. I have tested only Airtel and Jio. The later had good stability, until my BSNL Broadband connection was restored. So, I didn't have chance to test drive other networks for prolonged period!