New Sify Broadband Client

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 8,691

knak

Regular
I woke up and as usually i have to restart my computer since SIFY disconnected me halfway the night cuz i was downloading overnightVery common thing as we all know.. If u let ur comp downloading it just quits datatransfer eventhough SIFY is still connected; lovely SIFY...Anyway..i restarted and tried to connect it againAfter a little while a message of a new client came up and i installed it: I just took a quick peek cuz i had to go to work but as far as i have seen there is no more ICON on the right.So these d1ckwads actually listen sometimes to the customer...amazingly

i would be happy if that download does not stop after 2-3 hrs i go to sleep with the client still showing me logged in.

Which version has been put up? My local server still shows 2.51, which is what I use, and it still shows up in the tray 🙁

Yeah I think 2.51 is the latest version...and the icon on the right sides doesnt show up....however the icon is and has to be there in the tray..Another thing I want Sify to modify is that it forces the IE to launch the Sify.com page which is too irritating...like i wrote a mail and then i logged in to send .... and it takes u to sify.com

they recommend using IE5.5 to experience the true power of the internet. what do you expect more from them? 🙂

Oh yeah ... that one. I think they exterminated that in 2.5 itself, but im not sure ...

i am using the thing i first installed. working fine. not exactly. but i can atleast connect and suft at 2KBps.

i can't download at night. As it stops working at 1 AM and then start backs at 7 AM. though i have paid for 24 hours. May be my operator is doing this 🙁

I had the same crazy problem like for almost 3 weeks. I used to get logged off by 10-11 pm and back on by about 9 am. Followed it up like crazy with the CTO, local sify sh*theads and customer care. Finally it was found that this problem was due to faulty power supply in neighbouring society where my switch resided. Some sh*thead watchman was probably turning the lights off at 10 pm. Anyways the CTO got in an electrician to re route the power supply to the switch. That took care of that problem. Also then had a severe case of broken network pings which again some genius at the CTO solved by buying a better compaq switch or something to that effect. Moral of the story..find a sympathetic dude in the CTO office!!!ankX, Pune

yeap, sify is losing the faith due to sick cable guys with no or little technical knowledge. how many of you guys have CTOs that can setup your Linux on network and then on Internet? Than there are macs.