Draft regulations on drone usage announced: 5 categories, prior permissions required - The Hindu
* There are 5 types of drones: nano, micro, mini, small and large.
* These range from less than 250 grams in weight to over 150 kg.
* Drones under 250 g (nano) won't need security clearance.
* Micro category (250 g to 2 kg) will get approvals in 2 days.
* Whenever you operate a drone, you will need different approval. Apart from nano drones, all other categories will need an air defence clearance so that aviation as well as security authorities are aware of the flight path.
* There will be no-drone zones such as above operational aerodromes and within 5 km of Vijay Chowk in Delhi, within 500 metres from strategic locations, from mobile platforms such as car, ship or air craft, over eco-sensitive zones like national parks and wildlife sanctuaries (unless approved by Environment Ministry).
* Drones less than 2 kg and operating under 200 feet of height, once registered, can be flown without nods.
* Drones can be used for photography, medical uses, ad film making and so on. E-commerce companies should be able to use drones as well.
* Air-rickshaws or passenger drones can also be considered under this policy.