Firefox Multi-Account Containers

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,036

IBF

Shitposter
Firefox Multi-Account Containers :: Add-ons for Firefox

The Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension lets you carve out a separate box for each of your online lives – no more opening a different browser just to check your work email!

Under the hood, it does this by segregating session storage into tab-specific Containers. Cookies downloaded by one Container are not available to other Containers. With the Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension, you can...

Sign in to two different accounts on the same site (for example, you could sign in to work email and home email in two different Container tabs – but just to be clear, Firefox can only sync with one Firefox Account.)
Keep different kinds of browsing far away from each other (for example, you might use one Container tab for managing your 401k and a different Container tab for exploring cutting-edge cryptocurrency networks)
Avoid leaving social-network footprints all over the web (for example, you could use a Container tab for signing in to a social network, and use a different tab for visiting online news sites, knowing that your social identity is separate from tracking scripts on news sites)

After installing the Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension, click the Containers icon to edit your Containers. Change their colors, names, and icons. Long-click the new tab button to open a new Container tab.

Last edited:
I just came to know about this excellent add-on by Mozilla itself

It can act as:
Permanent Private tab

Normal Private tabs delete data once you close the Private tab window

But with this you can create Private tab which stays permanent even after closing the browser.

So its like having Multiple different browsers but all in one single window.

More details in above links.

This feature already exists in Firefox ... but the extension makes it very easy to manage without going to about:config blah blah

Everyone must use this addon

I created 4 containers + 1 default container
  1. Facebook
  2. Google
  3. Shopping
  4. Temporary (for untrusted or one time sites)
  5. Default (normal firefox)

Now all these dont interfere with each other at all. And their state always remain permanent. (i.e. I dont need to login every firefox restart)

It also has auto-open option. Where facebook will always open in its container, Amazon+flipkart in shopping container and so on.

You can truely get a decent privacy with this addon.