Airtel Broadband Latest Plans (As of October 2017) (150GB for 899 in Delhi NCR!)

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 24,472
^ @kkapoorr What is the URL of this smartbytes page?
It used to be located at Airtel Login : Pay Airtel Bill Online - Login Airtel My Account but for many months now I cant access this smartbytes page. It redirects me to either airtel Login Page or gives me some weird "Not Found. The Access Manager WebSEAL server cannot find the resource you have requested." Error Page.

How legit is this? 1436Gb left out of 520Gb (500 bonus+20Gb normal monthly data)? I called them regarding new October 2017 upgraded plans.Customer representative tells me I already have 1436Gb left although initially with 799 plan i was offered 500Gb bonus data. Anyone have same experience? Any advice how should I approach them again (if I have to) to keep the maximum data😉 thanks!

Source

Seems like a glitch to me. I too have bonus Data (Big Byte 500 GB) activated on my plan but I havent gotten any extra data on top of that. what is this new Big byte Promotion?

What do you see when you check available data after logging in airtel selfcare page at www.airtel.in/myaccount . I see 500 (Bonus) + 150 (plan data) = 650GB Total

Source

Last edited:
Check it out: Airtel offering me to buy another 25 GBs at only 1000 extra per month!

And due to the new plans, I am sitting at 1 TB data left (which only shows on the app, not the smartbytes page)
zUylmKF.png

zUylmKF
This is because they have not updated plans in their backend. I too get the same.

Check it out: Airtel offering me to buy another 25 GBs at only 1000 extra per month!

And due to the new plans, I am sitting at 1 TB data left (which only shows on the app, not the smartbytes page)
zUylmKF.png

zUylmKF
Smart byte and app will show the correct figures from next billing cycle.

Smart byte and app will show the correct figures from next billing cycle.

The my airtel app has been showing the bonus data for a while now. It is also on the webpage equivalent of the app i.e the "Self Care" portal as well. However, the smartbytes page or even the GBOD page doesn't show this bonus data at all. This data including your current usage shows up in your account within a few hours of being activated, not the next billing cycle.

On top of that, there is no actual place to see how much of this 500, 750 or 1000 GB of bonus data has been consumed. You have to calculate it by subtracting your current month's usage from the total usage (incl. bonus data) to arrive at the number.

The Airtel App shows the usage and total data which is the monthly plus bonus.

Mine's at 1TB currently.

Airtel seems to be on an all out spree to giving goodies it seems. New data cycle starts today for me, on checking, I see 606GB of data available, incl. the 256GB of unused data from last month getting carried over. Not sure if it is going to be a regular thing or not, definitely a good thing.

xoRnoud.jpg

fqI36Ph.jpg

On top of this the 1000GB (~890GB left) is also there, dunno what to download to use it all up. 😛

@xyx2000 : "Big Bytes" is the 500, 750 or 1000GB bonus/promotional free data that airtel has been giving out to new and existing customers.

I have started pulling all and any series/movie I ever wanted to watch. And then some of the movies are 4K rips (23 GB), cause why not?

Speeds are good for me:
6758335058.png

This is on VFiber. Max download is capped at 24 MBPS, due to distance. Max upload as per airtel is 8 Mbps, but it usually averages at 8.5 ish.

How are your and everyone else's speeds? Do share!

@kkapoorr My line is not capped. Max attainable Down is 50000 Kbps And up is 7000 Kbps
but they are not upgrading my speeds for some reason.
generally my connection speed on youtube is around 35mbps.
6758573305.png

Are you in Gurgaon too?

I am DLF side, and have been complaining about speeds since ages. Finally got god upload speeds.

Have you tried talking to Airtel Presence on twitter every few weeks? Might get something going with them.

I m from Jaipur

I mailed them few times about speed upgrade but it's same reply ("Feasibility")
Tho I got a 500rs for 6 month (on 1999rs plan) discount lol

@kkapoorr I get the same around 18-22 Mbps. It was fluctuating a few days ago for quite some time between 10-20 Mbps is better now.

Though on YouTube the speeds drop drastically to 14-16 Mbps. Upload is poor at 3 Mbps but is in their promised 1:8 ratio still bad and the ratio is bad as well.