Amazon India Delivery Issues

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Last few weeks I ordered several products from Amazon India. But for 2 products I faced issues with product delivery.
First product was mobile cover which I ordered in 2nd week on Oct. For 4 days status was just product left and arrived at courier service. After 8 days finally status was that product was in my city. But on day of delivery I did not got any sms or call, and at end of day status on Amazon app was that alternate address needed. And next day status was that product is shipped back to seller as product could not be delivered. After several calls I came to know that product would be shipped to seller and then refund would be made on my credit card. I got sms 2 days back that refund in initiated.
Second product also facing same issue. It was shipped on time, but on esitmated delivery date (last week Friday), I got status that they are unable to contact me. Though I did not got any call or sms. Later at 7 pm when I called CC told that they can reschedule delivery for Monday. I also got automated call on Sunday to confirm my rescheduling on Monday which I confirmed. But on Monday (today) I got sms of delivery agent, and number mentioned in switched off! Again I called Amazon customer care at 12 pm, but CC asked me to wait till end of day, and product would be delivered.
Both above deliveries were on my office address. At same duration 2 products ordered at my home address were delivered at correct dates.

I have ordered several products for last 2-3 years and never faced any issues with delivery or refund with Amazon. Is it happening due to Amazon sale festival or Diwali? If Amazon is not able to delivery so many products, then they should not arrange such festivals.

I had read on Quora about some Amazon scam, and wondering if this is also such scam. Else what is reason for product being shipped and sent back to seller without my knowledge and amount also (hopefully) refunded.

Yeah their delivery quality has gone down a bit since the last few months. The 'additional address' thingy has happened to me too but I just contacted the customer care telling them that there's nothing wrong with the address and to check my past orders, it was promptly delivered the next day. I guess the delivery boys are to blame. They just select random reason upon non delivery and when they select 'additional address' as the reason Amazon holds the delivery unless the buyer contacts them. In case they don't, it is sent back to origin. I had complained to them about this and other false reasoning of non-delivery and they mention the correct reason now.

1Of3F8q.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
I think something has gone wrong with delivery guys at my office address in last 2 weeks, because in these 2 weeks 2 products ordered at home address were delivered correctly. Also I had ordered mobile 2 weeks back and that was also delivered on time.
But problem is Customer care is not able to resolve issue at all...