Does the Bsnl servers filter suspicious sites

rajujayaraman

ISP
bsnl
Unlike google dns or open dns, i very much doubt whether BSNL servers are having filter mechanism to filter suspicious sites from accessing users to protect their network experience. Lately some thousands of modems of BSNL were affected by loss of internet access by a malicious program, which changed their admin page of the routers.
This I ask because, when i scanned the system with wifi inspector of AVast free antivirus, when i enabled the dhcp access , auto obtain dns address, which is my ISP's address, the scan shows dns hijack and given foreign sites as hijacked domains.
When i changed the dns to google dns in the router, this vulnerability was not shown , I understand that unlike googld dns, which is having filtering mechanism to filter those domains to protect users, Bsnl servers do not filter or lacking somewhere . I raised this issue to the officers, who in turn just redirected the concern to the concerned officials and till date, whenever i change the dhcp settings, i get DNS hijack alerts.
Just curious to know the safety aspects the ISP's are having towards security of users internet browsing and security of data

gsC8fm
Hi, I do not find any manage attachments option to enclose any picture for easy viewing in the forum
the image could not be uploaded
gsC8fm

gsC8fm

Last edited: