Airtel 4G for Gaming on PS4

ISP
BSNL FTTH
Since no proper fixed network is available in my location, I would like to use airtel 4g for gaming on PS4, can anyone tell me what NAT type they are getting on using airtel 4g as hotspot for gaming on PS4??

type 3 on psn and strict on xbox live

@Zexen Are you sure? One of my friends is getting NAT type 2 that's why I was thinking to switch, is there a method to forward ports or do they provide you a static IP on request? Not sure if that is possible on cellular networks

The only time I get Type 2 is on Vodafone 4G and Jio. I am talking about a month back now I have a wired line. Maybe even airtel does type 2 now. As you know latency will be horrible. FPS is okay in some cases racing games are not affected. I played fh3 on pc using bsnl 3g at least 4 months without any problem other nat being set to strict.

@Zexen thanks for the reply. I have a good wired connection but problem is NAT type, I will have to get static IP in that to get type 2 that is why I was thinking to get Airtel 4G, I don't play highly competitive FPS games, so won't be a problem for me i guess

I play FIFA 17 and on Jio u can forget abt ps4 gaming, it's a fckn joke on jio with nat type 3. on airtel 4g/bsnl broadband, it gives me type 2 with bsnl being a bit better.

if u want airtel 4g then use it with airtel's hotspot. not a mobile hotspot, i don't know why but airtel's huwai hotspot works wonders with ps4 gaming and latency is awesome with it..

btw what's ur location?

@webie jio gives me NAT type 2 but the problem is speed here at my location, it is never more than 0.50 mbps during the day time, after 3 AM it jumps to 15 Mbps. BSNL broadband used to give me NAT type2 but there were connection problems so I got it disconnected and started using Railwire Fiber connection but it gives me type 3 too. I contacted their support, they say that all ports are open and I am sure there is no problem in my router as well. So the next option is to get static IP for a year ₹2500. But I don't want to spend that much amount, so I was thinking to give Airtel 4g a try. Also I have tried Idea 4g it gives me type 3. Also waiting for jio fiber though.

I am located in Bhopal M.P.

bro when i was in goa, i had only jio 4g access and it had nat 3 type. i did gaming for 5 days of fifa 17 (this game requires a serious level latency) and it worked very smoothly. as far as i have seen, nat type doesn't make that much diff as much as stability of your connection does.

your connection has to be very stable for ps4 gaming or you are in a serious pain.

right now i am in jammu and bsnl connection is rock solid for ps4 gaming, jio is heck not. and airtel 4g is hit and miss. phone hotspot with airtel 4g doesn't work however if i use the same sim on airtel hotspot device gaming is much stable compared to bsnl broadband..

even if u do get public ip (as i guess your wired connection has put u under server which gives u netted IP) , public ip won't help in my experience. it's your connection that has to be stable. and btw railwaire if i remmeber correctly has their 90% of IP's banned/terminated on PSN network lol. you can search abt it.

@webie I have a dynamic public IP in case of railwire, but have never been assigned a banned IP except once and I communicated it to Sony and they unbanned it, so I think your information about that is not correct here, as per my experience. And I think my uncharted 4 problems of getting kicked out of a game and late joining etc. are because of NAT type 3, and after applying for a public static IP I will get NAT type 2 in that connection but I am not willing to spend it because I am not sure that I will continue with this connection or at this place for 1 year or not. And regarding the stability and latency I have found it to be quite good. Ping most of the times is below 25ms and speed is very stable as it is a fibre connection. I guess all my problems are due to NAT. I will try airtel 4g maybe it is good at my location.

ah alright, let me know how it works man, and if you do fifa, add me on psn. pm.

Nat type 3 only restricts you from being a host everything else works perfectly. Why do have the need for type 2

UPDATE: just got my sim activated, got 1 GB data free and when I connected to PS4 it gave me NAT Type 2 😀
but the signal strength is a little weak at my home still gives me a ping of around 50-60ms and speed of 3 mbps download and where the strength is good I get 7-10 mbps