Are MTNL Cheats ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,617
ISP
MTNL
I m triband 590NU plan user from mumbai.last night that is 1 st august 2005 , at 00.00 hrs my 500 MB got refilled.Then i started download at about 00.10 hrs and stopped everything at sharp 07.30 hrs.Note here that i even switched off my comp at same time along with the router.but when i checked my usage at 08.30 hrs i was shocked to see that only 413 ADSL MB remained. That means whopping 87 MB consumed during night time.Those as*h***s at 1504 helpline say that its billing issue and gave me the billing dept number 1663. But that number didnt exist. Again i called them and i got corrected number 1662. Here on calling, none picked up the phone.Did any one having same problem other than one guy i read sometime on this forum before ?Please can anyone help me by letting me know indeed i have been fooled ?Worst thing is that i havent got any bill for last 2 months including 1st bill Please reply people and fast.At this rate i can go downloading for only 5-6 days and have to stop using triband for next 25 days as it happened to me last month.But this time i m feeling pretty sure that they are cheating us. :angry: :angry:

actually all the ISPs/Telco would falter at sometime or the other... 🙂 that does not mean they are cheat!

well, i got the refill of 498 MB and not any sort of prob here...but my amount has shot up to Rs. 1622.57/- which was earlier around Rs. 900/-...will have to find out what exactly is it...

that wouldn't help much...other than just showing up in the "Account Summary" page...

yes i switched router on off at 00.00Just i had talk with billing dept of mtnl and he said that 87 mb was my previous day's download that showed up there.I dont believe him as i didnt do much previous day.He also said it was error in counting download of previous month over to next month. That problem will be sorted in week's time (Even here i dont believe him)

i din't got a refill!!!!!i thought the bill cycle of trb is 4th of every month!!!

Not really cheats...but the sarkari fellows havent got their billling sorted out as yet...everything fine at my end though

4th of every month may be personally for u...but this thing gets reset (add 500 MB) on the first of the month...

Hey that billing dept again called me just now at 16.30 and said that all the users dont have to worry.bill calculation will be a tedious task for him but they r gonna see full usage and deduce anything that transferred from 00.00 to 08.00 and accordingly calculate the bill.I asked him out that can there be a way for us to know that free download hrs of night have started, any written message on their account site like " Night Unlimited Hours". That would help a lot to those who have problem as when to schedule their download.But he flatly refused saying rather funnily "This is beyond our ETHICS" LOL 😀 This guy doesnt know what he is talking about, doesnt he ?

ofcourse he knows what he's talking about.........It is against sarkari ethics to let people know what's actually going on!! 😀

Rather funny My Triband account summary page :

Now it shows in place of ADSL MB -> PLEASE IGNORE THIS FIGURE

and at Triband usage page there is a note at bottom in red as follows

Note:- For NU plans, free night usage will not be billed even though shown above

Did anyone getting such strange messages ?

really???mine is not showing anything of that sort :huh:where u from, del or mum???

why the hell cant they automate the process ? ..why manual deductions..if a small program like BW meter that i use , can show me exactly how much i downloaded during daytime and during free time b/w 12 to 8 ..why cant their database do something similar ... 🤔