Connection breaks after an hr

ankitx

[OP]
Jul 31, 2005
I am using the dsl nu plane of mtnl. My Connection to the internet breaks after every hr :mellow: . It says time out. I have to restart my connection every hr. Pls help

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
go to the router config page "Advanced/PPP" and see "Always On" is selected...this is for the new firmware...i think it's the same for the old one as well...but u shouldn't have probs finding it...

ankitx

[OP]
Jul 31, 2005
Yes “Always On" is selected. I get the same problem

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
yeah, there lies the problem!!!use the ethernet port dude, it's rock solid!!! won't disconnect till u want!!! :D

adwait

Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
but aisa kyun??? The USB port should also be able to maintain a continuous connection.........

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
theoretically it should, but practically it doesn't :preason, no idea change it to ethernet and let us know of your experience... :)

ankitx

[OP]
Jul 31, 2005
Sorry I told you a wrong errorThe actual error reads “connection has limited or no connectivity”On righting clicking on Local Area Connection 2 >> status it shows invalid ip address After searching on yahoo I found out this is a common problem for people who have installed win xp SP2 they normally get this error. my pc has win xp SP2. I tried all most all solution to this problem but nothing works. One solution is Setting up a Static IP Address but I haven’t tried it. I am not that much in networking. Do you think this will help?I think this is a software problem but at present I don’t have an Ethernet port I will have to buy one if the above solution doesn’t work. Thanks for helping me so far