BSNL Broadband is now offering 8mbps as minimum speeds on almost all their plans

Is BSNL Broadband capable of providing 8mbps speeds in your area?

• Total voters
by checking your attainable line rate in adsl stats..............

Thanks for the info. Here's my Adsl status.. Kindly comment. I know my SNR sucks. Had my cable changed yet it doesn't improve much, probably owing to the fact I am approximately 3 kms from the exchange.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Your line is possibly capped at 4 Mbps at present. On line upgrade to 10 Mbps, your attainable will fall from 8000 to around 5000/6000 kbps.

Try using different modulations like ADSL and ADSL2 and see if their is any improvement in attainable downstream rate

I'm in BBG 1199. Hope I'm eligible for 10 Mbps Speed.

Stats2.png

Your line is possibly capped at 4 Mbps at present. On line upgrade to 10 Mbps, your attainable will fall from 8000 to around 5000/6000 kbps.

Try using different modulations like ADSL and ADSL2 and see if their is any improvement in attainable downstream rate

Can you please check it for me if I can get 10 mbps or not?Tell me where to get attainable line rate in adsl stats

SNR Margin (dB): Downstream37.6 Upstream 20.9
Attenuation (dB): Downstream19.6 Upstream 12.3

At times my snr margin for upstream goes down to 12 can that be a problem with 10Mbps?

@jeetshah95 Go to tinypic dot com. Select file type Image, choose image file from your computer/phone, hit upload (enter captcha if it pops up), wait for file to upload. When upload finishes, you'll see a "share this image" message with a few links underneath it. Copy the entire link under "IMG code for forums and message board" and paste it here.

Thanks! Will update after following through.

@jeetshah95 Go to tinypic dot com. Select file type Image, choose image file from your computer/phone, hit upload (enter captcha if it pops up), wait for file to upload. When upload finishes, you'll see a "share this image" message with a few links underneath it. Copy the entire link under "IMG code for forums and message board" and paste it here.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

here it is

Same here man. But do let me know your experience with fire tv stick. And it would be of immense help if you can create a guest network for fire tv stick and allocate 2 Mbps to that network so that it's performance can be measured on a 2Mbps line. Only if you're comfortable with that.

Hi @Abhi1895, I got the 'FireTVStick'. With 2 Mbps connections, it streams shows on 'PrimeVideo' on SD mostly, very rarely goes to HD. But on 4 Mbps, all is well, getting HD stream most of the time and sometimes even goes to HD 1080p. Also the voice option on the 'FireTVStick' remote works very well. I think was a worthwhile buy. Now hoping BSNL post-FUP gets upgraded to 4 Mbps (no more teasing us with 'Happy Browsing' messages!)