• Views Views 4,999

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Amazon.in: Press Releases

Amazon Echo is a revolutionary device designed entirely around your voice—priced at just ₹9,999, it’s always ready, hands-free, and fast—just ask Alexa and get answers instantly

Echo Plus integrates a built-in smart home hub to easily connect your smart devices—set up and start controlling lights in minutes—no additional hub required and costs ₹14,999

*Put an Echo Dot in every room to interact with Alexa throughout your home—connect it to an external speaker or use it as a standalone device to access all the capabilities of Alexa for just ₹4,499 *

Amazon Prime Music is coming soon to India—available as an exclusive preview on Echo

Echo devices will be available by invitation to customers who want to help shape Alexa as she evolves—invited customers will receive an introductory 30% off purchase price of Echo devices & one year of Prime membership

Last edited:
Available on site, but by invitation only. The cryptic statement saying, play music on Amazon Prime Music, Saavn etc, seems like Amazon Prime Music is also coming along with Alexa. Hope Alexa gets enabled on Amazon Prime Stick and they also launch the 4K fire Tv

Finally received the Amazon Echo and echo dot, both pre ordered. Now the prime membership has been extended by 2 more years.

Well Alexa has got an Indian voice, better than the Indian Google assistant though.

Crazy mics, even speaking softly from 10 feet away while music is playing,triggers Alexa without hangups.

The worst problem with my setup, Harmony skills are not available in India and you cannot change your region to US to get that. Skills don't work in the Alexa app if Language not set to English (India)

Though Amazon Prime music is playing Kishore Kumar and many more Indian singers. You can also listen to Radio Mirchi via tune-in

Hue lights are working ok, yet to figure out how to set scenes.

If I am not wrong, you are able to listen to songs from Saavn and not from Amazon music? For me all the requests are going to Saavn.

I was looking forward to control Fire TV from Echo. Even this feature is not available in India as of now.

Indian Google assistant though
Google's Indian English voice is annoying TBH.

I personally am staying away from IOT devices ATM security seems very loose on these (consider the recent Google Home always listening incident). Also, when you hog up too many gimmicky devices that are connected to the internet you loose control over them thus making your security weaker.

Saavn is not a good streaming service. Its platform and interface just aren't nice and the content isn't much extensive as well. Gaana is best for Indian music and Apple takes the cake for all international music. Would like to see how Amazon Music is, though not expecting much it is a nice addition to the Prime suite.

I have also received Amazon Echo dot couple of days back.
I don't have any Alexa compatible devices to hook it to.

But the main purpose of the device is assistance and automation all by voice.
I found it to be intuitive for many use cases.

I found that my Echo dot was not very powerful in catching the commands from far off location.
I hope that to be the capability of Echo dot.

I am looking to buy some Alexa compatible Plugs for automation.

@apuw you can always turn off the Mic if you are too conscious about security.
But we cannot expect much privacy in the Internet age..