Excitel weird speed issue(solved)

ISP
Airtel FTTH
From yesterday I was noticing slowdown in speedtest results, the speed seems to be around 50 Mbps download but the upload speed is not affected, but connecting the wire from my router to PC solved the speedtest speed problem (95 Mbps up and down), but once I connected the wire to my mobile using otg ethernet adaptor, again the same issue, even AC WiFi was giving same 50 Mbps speed.
long story short, the only way to get full speed is using a windows based computer using ethernet (connecting WiFi to laptop gives even lower 20-30 Mbps speed even though my laptop's WiFi can easily achieve 100 Mbps speed), I tried 2 router and same problem.
It seems windows fixes the problem but same is not the case with Linux devices.

@Smh My laptop gives full speed, with exact same setup I connected the Ethernet wire from my router to mobile and my mobile gave slower speed, the router in both case was used to connect to pppoe server.
I tried 2 routers, Mi WiFi 3 and TP-Link wr 841n.
Connecting Ethernet to my mobile used to give me 95 Mbps but it is currently giving only 40-50 Mbps.
The upload speed in every case is 95 Mbps, the problem is with download speed

Update- It has degraded further, currently getting around 25-30Mbps
Update2: servers except Delhi NCR are giving download speeds of around 4-5 Mbps even on laptop.
-- dead tinypic image removed --

Last edited:
I guess you are new to excitel.

On weekend or peak time excitel (most local isp) network gets congested thats why you are getting low speeds, upload speed is fine because not many people constantly upload.

Yes I am quite new, around 4-5 months since I got a connection but still I was getting full speed day before yesterday, is it really possible to get such speed degradation in just 2 days?

Seems to me like network congestion.
1. Uploads are fully utilised because people upload way less than download.
2. There are more number of people during weekends using the network,
4. Excitel nor the LCOs have a a proper contention ratio at which one connection is shared among multiple users, they usually have more number of people on their network than it can handle. DSL Connections such as MTNL have good contention ratio, higher the contention ratio, 'purer' the internet.
5. Excitel also seems to lack proper infrastructure to trasmit internet, Ethernet as they are using now is inefficient over long distances.

If you want to know whether the congestion is at local level (ie within your neighborhood), use a VPN with servers in the same city you live in. IF the speed is where it should be then the congestion is at ISP 'Exchange' level (perhaps poor routing to some servers).

Hi, i am facing the same Problem.
My download speed is very slow and when i tried to download same file from other phone(hotspot) the speed is fine.
I am having Excitel 100Mbps connection and i am facing this problem from past week.
I called the Customer Care 1 week ago and called them 4 times and they are saying that some Power has fluctuated every time i call but it is not fixed till date.
Any Help Would Be Helpful !