• Views Views 3,456

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
xR7nsIZ.png

Rs. 500 is not for the upgrade. It is just for the professional grade modem.

LOL! generic or re-branded crap from Binatone and Beetel to them is "Professional". Hmmm... I wonder what they would call the equipment from the true pros?

Airtel also claims their postpaid sim doesn't have activation charges lol.

Tata is offering everything free for now, even the installation and modem charges are waived off and they are offering 1000gb booster valid for one year.

Yeah upgrade to vFiber is free but they will migrate you to higher plan. I was moved from Rs 1299/140GB to Rs 1499/16mbps VFiber/180GB and today I got a call offering me to upgrade to higher speed and more data. I was fast asleep when they called so could not catch the details properly....it was something like 24mbps, 250GB for around Rs 1799 or something. This is probably the first time I said no to an upgrade offer 😀

Recently i downgrade VDSL TO ADSL which is technically impossible. after many complaints of link drop even after changing 777vr to D-Link dsl 224. in my experience it vdsl is not good if your airtel exchange is away 1 km from your house. after mailing to Airtel superior official they agreed to change vdsl to adsl. but guys they changed my number and they assure they will revert it within someday. so if any of you are thinking to change adsl to vdsl than think twice you can not downgrade easily and if you it will cause you many trouble. vdsl is good if u live nearby of exchange.

Recently i downgrade VDSL TO ADSL which is technically impossible. after many complaints of link drop even after changing 777vr to D-Link dsl 224. in my experience it vdsl is not good if your airtel exchange is away 1 km from your house. after mailing to Airtel superior official they agreed to change vdsl to adsl. but guys they changed my number and they assure they will revert it within someday. so if any of you are thinking to change adsl to vdsl than think twice you can not downgrade easily and if you it will cause you many trouble. vdsl is good if u live nearby of exchange.

I guess Airtel already has the sanity check in place but people don't wanna digest it. They would escalate it to higher authorities to put pressure for the VDSL installation. They use the loop length metrics and anything beyond 700m doesn't qualify for a 40mbps plan for now.

Airtel called today and offered to upgrade from 16mbps to 24mbps. for same plan at same price.

I hope there will some significant improvement other than just the speed test results. 😀