Airtel claims upgrade to V-Fiber is free

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram

Rs. 500 is not for the upgrade. It is just for the professional grade modem.

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
Aug 23, 2006
Gurgaon
LOL! generic or re-branded crap from Binatone and Beetel to them is "Professional". Hmmm... I wonder what they would call the equipment from the true pros?

4uziaul

Regulars
Sep 22, 2016
Tata is offering everything free for now, even the installation and modem charges are waived off and they are offering 1000gb booster valid for one year.

Reactions: Sushubh

genie

woot !
Regulars
Jan 10, 2008
Bangalore
Yeah upgrade to vFiber is free but they will migrate you to higher plan. I was moved from Rs 1299/140GB to Rs 1499/16mbps VFiber/180GB and today I got a call offering me to upgrade to higher speed and more data. I was fast asleep when they called so could not catch the details properly....it was something like 24mbps, 250GB for around Rs 1799 or something. This is probably the first time I said no to an upgrade offer :D

manojraja

Mar 2, 2014
bhopal
Recently i downgrade VDSL TO ADSL which is technically impossible. after many complaints of link drop even after changing 777vr to dlink dsl 224. in my experience it vdsl is not good if your airtel exchange is away 1 km from your house. after mailing to Airtel superior official they agreed to change vdsl to adsl. but guys they changed my number and they assure they will revert it within someday. so if any of you are thinking to change adsl to vdsl than think twice you can not downgrade easily and if you it will cause you many trouble. vdsl is good if u live nearby of exchange.

yougotmehere

Regulars
Nov 14, 2013
Ludhiana / Gurgaon
Recently i downgrade VDSL TO ADSL which is technically impossible. after many complaints of link drop even after changing 777vr to dlink dsl 224. in my experience it vdsl is not good if your airtel exchange is away 1 km from your house. after mailing to Airtel superior official they agreed to change vdsl to adsl. but guys they changed my number and they assure they will revert it within someday. so if any of you are thinking to change adsl to vdsl than think twice you can not downgrade easily and if you it will cause you many trouble. vdsl is good if u live nearby of exchange.
I guess Airtel already has the sanity check in place but people don't wanna digest it. They would escalate it to higher authorities to put pressure for the VDSL installation. They use the loop length metrics and anything beyond 700m doesn't qualify for a 40mbps plan for now.