Broadband prices being reduced!

• Thread starter Thread starter vin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,346

vin

ISP
BSNL EVDO
New reduced Broadband prices is likely to be announcad during first week of August, as per Minister Dayanidhi Maran's statement telecast in SUN News today.

we all know that...just waiting for something real to happen 😀

rofl...id like to see that happening . i may be the only movie releaser who is on a 128 kbps conn ...LOL

I also heard that news just now at 8 PM Sun News. It would be great if they can give 4 GB plan for 1000 ruppes per month. I'm wondering whether the new rates (if announced) will be applicable for existing customers. I think VSNL should reduce the prices first. Then BSNL will reduce. I saw a news item regarding this few days back in The Hindu newspaper.

I m prayinng that this piece of news is valid and will commence in the period stated....and this time we dont want 5-10% fall in price but atleast a 30% fall in the prices as well as a good amount of increase on the data c®ap

Originally posted by nandu_n@Jul 30 2005, 03:07 PM
I also heard that news just now at 8 PM Sun News. It would be great if they can give 4 GB plan for 1000 ruppes per month.

[snapback]19110[/snapback]
[/quote]
How very optimistic !!
LOWERED EXPECTATIONS

Even if the prices are reduced, BSNL will be the last one to opt for them.that is what happens all the time.if our country need to progress,we need to do something like this.

Got to agree with puja, 4GB for 1000Rs? Wtf is that? Unless they provide 10GB for 256k, 18GB for 384k, 30 GB for 512k, its a shitty bargain. Jesus, no wonder India is still a broadband backwater.I don't know when or how bsnl is going to introduce net tv and other services but with the kinds of packages it has, one has to keep in check even just the regular websites.

Dayanidhi Maran announced this during a function @ Chennai. India's first PC below the 10grand mark is gonna be released on mon in chennai. I wonder how that PC is gonna capture the market.

The news tickers on one of the cable news channels (NDTV Profit I think) mentioned VSNL would "consider" lowering international bandwidth prices.... in.... drum roll please... Q4 - 2006 ! woohoo

It was a Himalayan Blunder committed by the erstwhile NDA government, which sold VSNL to TATA for a song. Now the current government has to "beg" TATA to bring the international bandwidth rate on par WITH INTERNATIONAL PRICES!!!What a sad situation, It only shows a lack of serious competition in this sector and a kind of cartelisation and monopolisation of a critical sector of communication by the private mafia. It should be taken up as a challenge by the government, and it should take expeditious measures to invest in infrastructure for enhancing the international bandwidth connectivity and also by encouraging more players to enter this crucial sector of communication.

What a sad situation, It only shows a lack of serious competition in this sector and a kind of cartelisation and monopolisation of a critical sector of communication by the private mafia

Well said. Its only in our IT Minister's hand now to offer a gud solution for everyone.

First week of aug has nearly come and gone. No new rates. I'm guessing first week of aug in indian govt terms means sometime in the next 3-4 months, and then some more delay.

Originally posted by vikikivi@Jul 31 2005, 12:07 AM
Dayanidhi Maran announced this during a function @ Chennai.
India's first PC below the 10grand mark is gonna be released on mon in chennai. I wonder how that PC is gonna capture the market.
[snapback]19148[/snapback]
[/quote]

its a 1Ghz pc..... :lol:

VIA processor with 256meg RAM with Linux. I can get that PC made by my assembler and maybe even save another 1000 bucks.