1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Few questions regarding bitcoins

Discussion in 'Internet (General Discussions)' started by Cclay, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Cclay

Cclay Member

Purpose: Buying a seedbox

Most of the providers of seedbox usually accept payments from credit/debit cards, Paypal and Bitcoins. I own only a debit card and unfortunately, it does not have international transactions activated on it. So the first two options (payment via card and paypal) are out of the window. Also, I don't want a seedbox purchase to show up "directly" on my transactions history.

So, the next viable option is bitcoin. Which leads me to the following dilemmas:-

1) Choosing a wallet - usage limitations:

The names of Zebpay and Unocoin appeared frequently in searches for "best bitcoin wallet in india". They seem to accept transactions from Indian debit cards. So, my question is whether they limit the usage of purchased bitcoins to local/selected services only? Example, I can buy that seedbox whose providers are in France. Right? By definition of bitcoins, this is really a dumb question, but I just wanted to double check. I have dropped a mail to them as well, waiting for their reply.

2) Security:

I tried registering into Unocoin to get familiar with their interface. I was taken aback a little by the amount of verification that was required to purchase a few bitcoins, PAN, ID, photo, bank IMEI, girth of my d**k etc. This got me a little perturbed. I am a student and I don't pay taxes. The person who replenishes my bank account (my dad), does! So, will purchasing bitcoins (equivalent to ~1500 INR) monthly, from an account that doesn't pay taxes, cause any problems?

Please advise.

2. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

your dad can gift you as much money as he wants. since he has already paid tax on it, the money coming from his account to yours does not count as your income as it is a gift from father to son. i do not think there are any limits on a gift from parent even today.

Cclay likes this.
  3. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

there is also this point about hiding this purchase from your statement. you are seeking anonymity or you just want to hide this particular transaction from your dad. if your dad is the only reason you are bothered about this whole issue, maybe get a friend to pay for it and pay him cash?

4. Citrus

Citrus Active Member
    Regulars

There are certain seedboxes that accept payment via Indian wallets, Freecharge, Paytm and the likes. You could use them to avoid any charge related to seedbox showing up on your bank statement.

Cclay and Sushubh like this.
  5. Cclay

Cclay Member

Well, both! Seeking anonymity in general is more of a concern here.

Seedboxes themselves aren't illegal but are used to pirate TBs of data. I haven't ever heard of a seedbox service being taken down by authorities (apart from Feral, which got into some trouble when What.cd was taken down). But if something does happen, a record of my personal bank details with them seems troublesome.

6. Cclay

Cclay Member

I think SntHostings does accept Indian cards. I checked their plans, good, but costlier than Feral's.

Care to suggest any other seedbox which accepts payments via Paytm etc?

7. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

ok. i am not very knowledgeable about this but from what i have heard, you might be able to buy bitcoin on the dark web. you might find someone who would be willing to accept payment in cash or through a throwaway Paytm account or something. @dextermorgan might be able to guide you on this.

8. RedskyITM

RedskyITM Member
    Regulars

Localbitcoins has guys selling BTC for Paytm and the like.

Cclay likes this.
  9. dextermorgan

dextermorgan Amazing Member
    Regulars

For complete privacy, just buy bitcoin from localbitcoins. open the site, search for your locations and it'll show you people selling the bitcoins. talk with them and send them money (either thru Paytm etc or directly meeting them).

Cclay likes this.
  10. Smh

Smh Member
    Regulars

do not suggest to buy from DB there are lot of scammers and of-course a lot of shit stuff.

Tags: