Will bsnl upgrade the 1199 plans anytime soon?

• Thread starter Thread starter jaberwockie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,286
ISP
BSNL
Currently, it seems a bit weird since the 2mb flat thing is now available for 599. The only benefit seems 50GB (or is it 40GB?) of 4 mbps speed.

It seems like a good plan would be 4mbps continuous so it would be 599 for 2mbps continuous, and 1199 for 4mbps continuous. Anyone with contacts at bsnl know if they will upgrade this plan? it seems a really bad plan atm since the extra 2mbps speed isnt that big a difference when you can get the same plan for 599.

I doubt they would let out such info ahead of announce,but with this "happy browsing " thing going on,you can be rest assured some new plans /upgrades are around the corner in the next few months.
And it would make absolute sense to make 1199 a 4 Mbps flat plan now that u can get 2mbps on every plan,atleast thats what logic says.

Signs are there,its upto bsnl to provide better plans now,4 Mbps and 8 Mbps after that maybe. 😛

They can make 8mbps for 1199 and 4mbps for 799.bsnl should consider giving 100mbps fiber optic.adsl is outdated.private operators providing fibernet technology bsnl still using adsl.

You guys are missing the point. BBG Combo ULD 1199 has 24x7 unlimited landline calling bundled with 4Mbps broadband. Which makes it really VFM.

^^4mbps till just 40 gb is not 4mbps in this day and age tbh,it is effectively a 2mbps flat plan.
Plus the plan makes very little sense now that almost every plan has a minimum of 2 mbps.I am sure BSNL knows that too.

Last edited:
They can make 8mbps for 1199 and 4mbps for 799.bsnl should consider giving 100mbps fiber optic.adsl is outdated.private operators providing fibernet technology bsnl still using adsl.
extremely unlikely,the best i would expect is 1199 for 4Mbps unlimited

@sushuhb what services are covered by google peering. I know youtube and google play are covered. Anything else like psn downloads, win 10 store games download, torrents, Hotstar etc. Is peering speed provided even after fup of a said plan. Asking this since a local isp said they have google peering.

google drive is the big one of course. google has nothing to do with other services you mentioned. isp would need to do separate peering with all of these services.

attachments on gmail. anything hosted by google servers which would include third party services using google cloud i imagine.

Bsnl have no peering with annyone. You'll get same speeds no matter what you do. Except for Hotstar app, god knows what's wrong with that.

^^4mbps till just 40 gb is not 4mbps in this day and age tbh,it is effectively a 2mbps flat plan.
Plus the plan makes very little sense now that almost every plan has a minimum of 2 mbps.I am sure BSNL knows that too.
Not everyone has the luxury of 20-50-100Mb/s plans and BSNL is the only operator which covers each and every nook and corner of country. For such people 4Mb/s speed + the ability to make unlimited calling is more than enough.

Majority folks are in this plan for the unlimited calling. And the common folks (not tech freaks like us) don't consume more than 30-40GB per month.

How is making 4mbps unlimited plan not going to help these people??,(of which i am one too)
With respect,you are arguing against your own point.
And with advent of streaming services,40 gb is next to nothing ,people are consuming 30 gb data per month on jio services which is a phone network,its not about being tech freaks anymore.This is where growth is and BSNL understands this too,"Happy browsing" is not out of goodwill for the people,its testing systems for future upgrade in speeds.

As far as BSNL landline is concerned,thier profits have been consistently deteriorating on landline telephony for obvious reasons,so i doubt it is the path they want to take for growth.
In future ,i think every plan above 1000 plus will probably have to come with unlimited local calling,to make it even viable.

40 gb is easily chewed through because of multiple users at home, sadly I had already paid till november and the 12 months advance pay discount also went to waste because of free 4mbps for everyone for past 3 months

Free calls on landline is becoming worthless with voice calls going free on jio along with bsnl themselves offering free voice calls with the 429 mobile plan

attachments on gmail. anything hosted by google servers which would include third party services using google cloud i imagine.
Will a VPN bypass fup from my LCO if not Can i tunnel all data through google services since I peering of 50mbps