Best FTP Server?

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
Which is the best FTP server software according to you guys...it should be easy to use and light on the system...and most importantly, free!!! :Di'm currently using "Fastream NETFile Server"...how would u rate it against whatever u suggest???

GAURAV7777

Regular
Regulars
Dec 15, 2004
i have used SERV U in the pastbut it is not freebut u can get the serial easily

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
don;t think what feature you would require from a FTP server other than sharing folder, limiting access, kicking out users... free filezilla does it well. ;)

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
well, i can do all that in my existing one as well...just the problem is that, it's not authenticating any user...means, it's showing "bad password" for all the users... :unsure:

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
well i doubt it would be a fault with the server. :) try out these other two options and continue with what works for u! their are tons more out there bulletftp, cerebrus and more...

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
i'm facing the same prob with filezilla as well :wub:is it coz i'm sitting on the same machine???i don't think so...i used to do it perfectly on Reliance...also, i could connect my FTP from my office, but now unable to do so since i restarted the modem and got a new IP :(getting this error message...Status: Connecting to *******.com ...Status: Connected with ******.com. Waiting for welcome message...Response: 220 FTPU ready.Command: USER *****Response: 331 Password required for ******.Command: PASS ***Response: 530 Login incorrect.Error: Unable to connect!

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
Status: Connecting to *****.com ...Status: Connected with *****.com. Waiting for welcome message...Response: 220 FTPU ready.Command: USER *****Response: 331 Password required for *****.Command: PASS Response: 500 Sorry, no such command.Error: Unable to connect!