Crappy BSNL speeds

ISP
BSNL
Hi I'm using combo 499 plan (2 mbps till 10 GB than 1 mbps post FUP) here at Meerut Cantt.
My Modem statics are-

Source

I'm a newbie but from this I get
my line attenuation and SNR are not good am I right...?

Also when I check the 172... page I'm getting this

Source

the speed is only 1 mbps but according to this and my plan pre FUP speed should be 2 mbps

Also what is my line profile according to the first image.

I'm getting this

Source

Are these good numbers...?

What is attainable rate...?

Thanks in advance, I know these are a lot of questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my images are not displayed...
I used imagur for the screenshots.

Last edited:
Imgur by default give image page links. You either post them or get the BBCODE from their image pages which are... cleverly hidden.

6gfZfIL.png

Anm0exs.png

As per the statistics you have posted, you have a 4Mbps line profile, which would not be an issue for a 2Mbps connection, infact, it is ideal. The attenuation for downstream is 46.5dB, which means you are about 3.3KM from the exchange, with that the line should be stable for a 4Mb profile. The downstream noise margin is at 7.5dB, considering the distance and the line profile, that isn't an issue either.

The issue you have is slow speeds, are you seeing the same slow speeds on multiple devices, if you have more that one to check? Is the speed always 1Mbps or do you actually get 2Mbps pre-fup? The screenshot you showed is that of the FUP being waived off for this month, but being BSNL, who knows if they actually set it up for your connection or not.

Yes it was 2 mbps pre FUP but my confusion is why I'm Getting this that I'm getting pre FUP speeds (2 mbps) which I clearly not getting...may be as you say "at the end its BSNL". Last month (July) I got 2 mbps the whole month.

You could try contacting them and see what they have to say about it. I love that line in the screenshot "You're very important to us", yeah right!