• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,740

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Well I am moving to a new place in delhi, unfortunately sify seems to be the only option. Which I never ever want to choose, they suck as broadband company and stuff. Anyway, the place where I'm moving to, they have a touchtel landline connection, phone connection that is. So my question is, since touchtel converted to Airtel, do you think they will provide broadband services in that area? I called up their support helpline and they were not sure if they covered that area. If they don't cover that area, could it be possible to get just an individual connection? 🙂

if u have their landline, u can get the BB as well...nothing to worry mate 🙂

Well true, but I thought touchtel doesn't exist anymore. I'm going to call up their tech support once again and find out, because my dad told me that they only give dial up service.

ok, let me put it this way...Touchtel was the name of the "landline" section of Airtel...it was always a part of Airtel only...it's just that they've made it a single entity now...hope it clears ur doubts 🙂

yup ryan coolbuddy is righttouchtel was a brand name with which bharti initially launched their landlinebut now they have change the name to airtel

Well I confirmed it with a airtel rep guy, he said Airtel does offer their services under touchtel. So I guess it's available. 🙂.

Even i asked an airtel cce some time back whether they provide their services in my area and she said not yet, whereas touchtel phonelines have been in my place a long time back

So it's a possibility that airtel won't be available. shoot. bringing down my hopes 🙁.

Originally posted by Ryan@Jul 30 2005, 07:22 PM
So it's a possibility that airtel won't be available. shoot. bringing down my hopes 🙁.
[snapback]19108[/snapback]
[/quote]

i am at chennai. my rappo with cc of airtel landline (BB) is very good. B)

i can get you the information if you can let me know exactly in which location
of delhi you are. normally airtel delhi cc must be able to help. it is ok with me.
if you need help reply.

stpmds/chennai/30-07-05 🙂

Originally posted by Supreme@Jul 30 2005, 07:05 PM
Even i asked an airtel cce some time back whether they provide their services in my area and she said not yet, whereas touchtel phonelines have been in my place a long time back
[snapback]19104[/snapback]
[/quote]

pl.let me know precisely where r u put up. city name etc.
i think i will be able to get you the info.

stpmds/chennai/30-07-05 B)

Unfortunately, AIRTEL was not available in my area and I had to choose sify. Oh my gosh, I hate this ISP so much. Is there any way you guys could get me an alternative connection. Living right now in Freedom Fighters Enclave, neb sarai. South delhi. ANYTHING BUT SIFY will do. 🙁

airtel and touchtel are same ,all the brouchers of airtel mention touchtel as the service provider ,.Even in the dsl application form ,they mention it "touchtel dsl "and all the terms & conditions are been written in the name of touchtel.My friends in south delhi were the initial lucky ones to get touchtel BB ,actually airtel started their BB first in south delhi only as they already had telephone lines laid there under touchtel brand name , all the other areas in delhi were covered later under" airtel BB name".while the south delhi service provider still continued to be called touchtel only.

Seeing these queries in 2023 really takes me back into time , Who among the above guys would have Imagined what we have today ..