Act Fibernet has updated their broadband plans for Bangalore

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
ISP
ACT 300 Mbps FTTB | Airtel 200 Mbps FTTH backup | Airtel 4g B593 Router | Airtel 5g on Mobile
ACT Plans have been upgraded in Bangalore but their website & portal somehow don't show this yet, unless you go to the 'Upgrade Plan' section.

I called their CC & confirmed the following plans:
1999 - 150Mbps, 350GB
1399 - 90Mbps, 225GB
1149 - 90Mbps, 175GB

*Apparently the uploads are still not counted for Bangalore.

Has the speed and FUP been upgraded for you @madhusudhan7 ? If assume you are on their 100Mbps plan

@varunc24 ... sorry for the late response.

Yes - I was on 1399 & started getting 90+ Mbps after a simple logout/login.
I then also paid the remainder of some Rs.430+ something for upgrade to the 1999 plan. I've been getting 150Mbps with 350GB ever since.

*Do contact customer care and ask them for an update if you have issues.

Yes. they should be available for new customers as well, going by ACT's history.
Call customer care & ask for the plan specifically. I'm sure, they will help you.

They've updated the plans on their website.

TqULox9.png

Not that it matters, their service has gone to shit over the past month.

Facing a large outage even as I'm typing this.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Last edited:
I did have latency & also some speed issues for a short while but things were back to normal after restarting the Router once

Reactions: Jay
Yes, so what I have noticed is that when you are allotted certain ip ranges you tend to have high latency and connection instability especially with routes to Mumbai and Europe. Websites on the cloudflare CDN are affected the worst. Chennai and Singapore is always fine. When you restart the router/reset the pppoe connection and gets assigned a different IP, everything is back to normal.

I frankly don't have the strength/patience to explain this to customercare and followup, so I keep recycling the IP ranges until I get full speeds to Europe.

I had downgraded from ACT Incredible (150 mbps) to ACT Lightning (90 mbps), the pings and speeds are disappointing.

But again ACT are best in Bangalore, could be temporary issue as well