Will BSNL FTTH give me jittering in pings? Is it a healthy connection for gaming?

• Thread starter Thread starter Al Pacino
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 17,970
Finally after 10 days of applying for a new connection they informed me today that connection can be done by private contactor LCO. He asked if I was okay with this, I said yeah sure. Lets see what happens now. @anonuser7 is your connection direct from BSNL or LCO?

The sales person said that it was directly from BSNL and I have registered complain through BSNL customer care so I believe it is directly from BSNL even though it says "R.K. communications" on speedtest and my ISP websites.

BTW the aunty at BSNL office said that system is down from 3 days and when I asked how much time it takes usually for plan change, she rudely replied "jab hoo jayega tab bill mei aa jaega".

Last edited:
You too got connection from LCO. Which plan you are using now and do you get promised speeds? downtime?

It's not a lie. LCO take franchisee from bsnl for FTTH so they can say its directly from BSNL. In my case they asked me if I was okay with taking connection through LCO. Anyways, how is the downtime and do you get 90% of the speed?

Plan change will happen within 3 working days if their systems are working. Billing will be adjusted accordingly. At least that what happened when I changed my plan when I using BSNL back in 2014. Do they still make one entry in register for plan change

Right now it is 40mbps 750gb Rs.1999+GST, I have made a request to switch to 100mbps 750gb Rs.1277+GST plan.
I get 36 mbps at most and that is through blizzard launcher, steam or private torrents, 3-5mbps less on public trackers. Weird that netflix on 4k works fine most of the time but 1080p will play on a lower bitrate. Random disconnections and ping spikes only to international servers, there has not been any local downtime, this random DC and ping spikes issue can happen for a few seconds and rarely last 30 minutes, some days it doesn't happen, some days it happens once or twice and some days upto 5 times. Your ping will be 280ms+ to all international servers after installation, tell them to contact Pune NOC with trace routes to Singapore and pingtests to international servers and your routing will be changed and now you will have pings close to what we had on in2cable but stable.

The guy told me everything will be taken care by BSNL regarding any issue. LCO will only do installation and do maintenance of the fiber.

I have to reapply for new connection to avail the 100mbps plan, it's such BS. I also confirmed that they were lying and it is through LCO.