Microsoft Outlook Updates

Hi Kaushal,
I have MS Office Outlook version 2003 SP2 running on Windows XP.
To be honest I am extremely frustrated with BSNL BB only becoz of this major problem alone...
Any help is welcome and very badly required...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
don't get frustated with BSNL, the problem is with "MS Office Outlook version 2003" and some Configuration Issues.

I recommend u to create a Gmail Account, Goto ur gmail settings "Forwording and POP" option, enable the POP option for all mails, then click Save changes.
see here:
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

for Outlook Settings, see here:
Outlook 2003 - Help Center

u must need to update Outlook 2003 by
downloading the latest updates from Microsoft.
Update Outlook - Help Center

Hope this will solve the problem.

you guys should try out: Windows Live Mail

In Windows Live or GoogleMail or Yahoo Mail , you HAVE to be Online, to type the reply .
In Outlook/OE , read the messages draft a reply, REVIEW ,edit or delete it , in your own free time OFF line. Also avoid all advts /banners etc.
To get Yahoo mail you must have Premium acct.
No idea about yahoo.co.in users. In Windows LIVE ( exception in OE :first reported by @ cool_techie_tvm)

Try eprompter for upto 12 email ID's.
http://www.ePrompter.com

To be able to Retrieve/Send Emails thru Outlook or any other Email Client u must be having an Email account on any service provider which provides POP3 access.
(most of the POP3 providers generally don't give this service free of cost)

Yahoo allows POP3 access only for paid users.
don't know about "Windows Live" POP3 access.
Gmail allows POP3 access(free), but with a limitation that u can not send/receive EXE files.

However there are some providers who r providing POP3 access at free cost with EXE attachments also, such as www.HotPop.com .

Last edited by a moderator:
my account works. dont know abt creating new account.

tried creating a new mail?are you getting the newer interface of hotmail which works really well now? 🙂i like it better than yahoo.

well..i dont use hotmail anymore. its just there because its my first account. i dont get anything but junk.yes i get new interface. but didnt try to send mail. but no problem in reading.actually i switched back to yahoo classic not because yahoo beta is bad, it is good. but i dont remember what was reason.

what would happen when they disable classic in the future? 🙂try sending a mail. reports online say the message box is disabled. so u can send a mail but it would be blank 😛 i would have to restart my comp to go into ubuntu to test it out.

oh i am happy with new yahoo. but i now dont remember why i switched to classic. i wanted some feature for 3-4 days so i switched to classic but then never moved back.i tried sending mail. it works. no issues.

yahoo beta is all messed up and scattered..and it takes more time to load compared to classic...I love the classic one still..Keep it simple approach goes well with me instead of making everything complicated for the user.GMAIL comes to my mind..simple yet soo advanced and classy..

gmail of course has no competition. they do these small things which come really handy 🙂hotmail has a great new interface. if only they keep updated their browser identification scripts.

which version of firefox are u using? i am using 3.0.2and i tried again today, its working. there seems to be no problem.