Booster packs vs Recharges

• Thread starter Thread starter georgemp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,476

georgemp

Just posting this as an FYI in case someone else runs into similar issues. I had taken up the Rs. 999 plan which offered 60GB/60 days sometime last month - with no daily FUP. Once I ran out of data, I just recharged again for Rs. 999, thinking I'll get another 60GB. However, while the recharge was successful, the plan was not activated. After waiting a day, I called up CC and I was told it will be activated in 2-4 hrs. After waiting for 4 hrs, I contacted them again, and this time was asked to wait 48 hrs for resolution, but, was promised it will be resolved a lot sooner. I waited a day, and they asked me to wait till the next day. Next day, when I called I was told that the plan was queued for activation after the validity (60 days) of my original recharge, and to get a booster pack if I wanted data immediately. Thankfully, a senior person in CC, agreed to get my plan activated in a few hours (and it was) after escalation.

According to CC, I would need to use the booster packs - which aren't as cost effective at the plan recharges (the best I saw was 10 GB for Rs. 301) - if I run out of data mid cycle. This is a bit different from Airtel at least, where a new data pack is activated immediately on recharge. I had just assumed that the booster packs were meant for the 1GB daily FUP plans, in case we ran out of data. Guess I was wrong - I'm still kind of hoping this was a one-off 🙂

I guess they should at least introduce better booster packs

Same happened with me when my Rs 149 2 GB data was expired. I was under impression that like other Prepaids when our current data pack "plan" expires, we can do recharge of another data pack and it will start working. But with JIO another plan will not start until current plan is valid. And you need to take booster pack to continue using data. Even queued plans don't start!

Well Good news....
Both Jio Website and MyJio app have all upcoming plans listed

One can activate upcoming plans. so in case recharged with 149. Do a recharge of 399 or similar
Go to the upcoming plan section and activate the plan. No need to use the expensive booster packs

@Sudarshan61 Thanks. I see the queued plan in the app now (with an activate button). I haven't tried it as yet. If I run out of data in my current plan ahead of time, I'll try to activate it and report back