Act Fibernet now offering unified bandwidth for both uploads and downloads

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,997
expecting the same to take place in Hyderabad lets see

Called CC. For Bangalore - 2999 - 550GB, 3999 - 750GB and 4999 - 1000GB (All Download only) and all 150Mbps. 2 Mbps post FUP.

what about lower end plans ? any plan around 250GB FUP or more under 1500?

I hope this isn't the case. I'm one of the users who relied on the unlimited upload for my ACT connection in order to do online backups and such. Taking away the unlimited uploads in Bangalore would basically make ACT uncompetitive for my purposes.

+1

I also stick to ACT for 2 reasons:
1. Unlimited uploads for Data Backup, file access etc.
2. Free Static IP that was allocated to me before they stopped it for home plans recently.

what about lower end plans ? any plan around 250GB FUP or more under 1500?

These changes haven't been widely advertised and I'm not even sure it's applicable to everyone in Bangalore. I didn't receive any communication regarding the upgrades and they haven't updated the pIans on their website as well.

I saw a 150GB bump in the control panel and called CC only to be told that I've been 'upgraded'. I didn't ask about the lower end plans. Although judging by what they told me, 1999 should be 400GB and 1399 should be 250GB now. Not sure about the speeds.

Taking away the unlimited uploads in Bangalore would basically make ACT uncompetitive for my purposes.

They have not combined the quota yet. They did confirm that the updated FUP in Bangalore is for Download only like before. The "upload FUP" has been there for a while, but hardly ever enforced.

thanks a lot mate for info do let me know if there are about more changes in bangalore

I know many people here are unhappy about this move but as a whole this is a positive step. Most people don't upload and now they can download twice as much as before.

I don't know why ACT is still so cheap about data offering when excitel and Hathway basically throw as much data as you want.

These changes haven't been widely advertised and I'm not even sure it's applicable to everyone in Bangalore. I didn't receive any communication regarding the upgrades and they haven't updated the pIans on their website as well.

I saw a 150GB bump in the control panel and called CC only to be told that I've been 'upgraded'. I didn't ask about the lower end plans. Although judging by what they told me, 1999 should be 400GB and 1399 should be 250GB now. Not sure about the speeds.

They have not combined the quota yet. They did confirm that the updated FUP in Bangalore is for Download only like before. The "upload FUP" has been there for a while, but hardly ever enforced.

My FUP for 1399 plan now shows as 225gb in ACT Portal but speed tests still show 75Mbps. I was hoping for a bump in speed instead of FUP this time.

At around the same price point BBNL gives unlimited FUP in my area and a full 100Mbps for 1.9k + tax I think but they are not as reliable as ACT

First they changed their network in Hyderabad couple of months ago and it blocked all ports and made the CCTV setup redundant. If I want it like how it was before (static IP) I need to pay 250 per month

And now, they meter upload as well. I hope to find a better alternative after my payment for 2 years ends. Hopefully Excitel...

hello iam from Hyderabad and useing ACTFibernet what i noticed today is although in there plans they show uploades or limited but they are not counting it it will not affect your fup

ACT Plans have been upgraded in Bangalore but their website & portal somehow don't show this yet, unless you go to the 'Upgrade Plan' section.

I called their CC & confirmed the following plans:
1999 - 150Mbps, 350GB
1399 - 90Mbps, 225GB
1149 - 90Mbps, 175GB

*Apparently the uploads are still not counted for Bangalore.

My FUP for 1399 plan now shows as 225gb in ACT Portal but speed tests still show 75Mbps. I was hoping for a bump in speed instead of FUP this time.

At around the same price point BBNL gives unlimited FUP in my area and a full 100Mbps for 1.9k + tax I think but they are not as reliable as ACT

*For this - all i had to do is Logout & Login again. The speeds were then 90+Mbps 🙂