• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,991

warpspeed

To Infinity and Beyond!
ISP
Hathway FTTH
ACT Fibernet + Airtel Backup
Plans are now upgraded for Chennai. They just combined the upload and download FUP into one whole package.

ck9a8Km.png

@manojrk Yes, I noticed. If there's no distinction now between downloaded and uploaded data, does this mean we can download data up to the bundled monthly limit...Which is good, for my purpose.

Yep. You can use however you see fit within your monthly allowance though I don't think it fares as well as they hope against Hathway's 1TB FUP.

But, better than Airtel. I'm on ACT Thunder which gives 450GB. The similar Airtel plan offers only 225GB and @40mbps.

It might be time to surrender my Airtel.

Only issue with ACT for me is that I'm not able to stay connected to my IRC BNC. It keeps getting disconnected every few mins, while the internet connection itself is not dropping. I don't face this issue with Airtel.

Typically it takes two or three weeks for Airtel to match ACT's plans so we might have to wait for it to happen. Airtel is also throwing in 1000 GB and 75% waiver for six months if you're an old customer requesting cancellation.

I spoke with customer care. I was told that the data was not bundled.
Eg. 80GB = 40GB up + 40GB down.

Sucks. Either the customer care isn't aware or they should mention the download and upload quota separately.

Called CC. For Bangalore - 2999 - 550GB, 3999 - 750GB and 4999 - 1000GB (All Download only) and all 150Mbps. 2 Mbps post FUP.

A friend of mine applied for a connection today. The sales rep after confirming with his team leader informed that it is not counted separately like they used to do before.

Edit: Confirmed with three different users. The combined FUP are the new limits. There is no differentiating between uploads and downloads anymore.

Last edited:
Yes. Here's the official statement-

Mr Bala Malladi, CEO, Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt Ltd said, “We are combining our download and upload FUP into total data transfer FUP. This will liberate our customers and provide them significantly enhanced FUP, allowing them the freedom to use internet based on their needs and purpose.”

This sounds totally fair. 260GB/75Mbps for Rs1100 now in Chennai. Service provider shouldn't decide how much data I need to set aside for uploads.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't the case. I'm one of the users who relied on the unlimited upload for my ACT connection in order to do online backups and such. Taking away the unlimited uploads in Bangalore would basically make ACT uncompetitive for my purposes.

Got this text message today from ACT:

Dear customer, your plan has been modified from 225 GB upload + 225 GB download to 450 GB FUP overall. Now choose how you want to use the internet - any combination of uploads or downloads. Go ahead, stay Incredible!

EDIT: When I got the connection a few months back though, I was told the upload has unlimited bandwidth. I don't upload much but still...