Act Fibernet now offering unified bandwidth for both uploads and downloads

uberjon

-
Regulars
Jul 31, 2010
Home
Their (Chennai) CC needs to be told. I spoke to an agent today who still says x GB up + x GB download.

RedskyITM

Regulars
Sep 4, 2015
I hope this isn't the case. I'm one of the users who relied on the unlimited upload for my ACT connection in order to do online backups and such. Taking away the unlimited uploads in Bangalore would basically make ACT uncompetitive for my purposes.

Reactions: madhusudhan7

balajik

Regular
Regulars
Jul 14, 2005
Chennai
Got this text message today from ACT:

Dear customer, your plan has been modified from 225 GB upload + 225 GB download to 450 GB FUP overall. Now choose how you want to use the internet - any combination of uploads or downloads. Go ahead, stay Incredible!

EDIT: When I got the connection a few months back though, I was told the upload has unlimited bandwidth. I don't upload much but still...

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
Regulars
Aug 10, 2008
Bangalore
I hope this isn't the case. I'm one of the users who relied on the unlimited upload for my ACT connection in order to do online backups and such. Taking away the unlimited uploads in Bangalore would basically make ACT uncompetitive for my purposes.
+1

I also stick to ACT for 2 reasons:
1. Unlimited uploads for Data Backup, file access etc.
2. Free Static IP that was allocated to me before they stopped it for home plans recently.

Reactions: RedskyITM

Jay

Regulars
Sep 4, 2014
what about lower end plans ? any plan around 250GB FUP or more under 1500?
These changes haven't been widely advertised and I'm not even sure it's applicable to everyone in Bangalore. I didn't receive any communication regarding the upgrades and they haven't updated the pIans on their website as well.

I saw a 150GB bump in the control panel and called CC only to be told that I've been 'upgraded'. I didn't ask about the lower end plans. Although judging by what they told me, 1999 should be 400GB and 1399 should be 250GB now. Not sure about the speeds.

Taking away the unlimited uploads in Bangalore would basically make ACT uncompetitive for my purposes.
They have not combined the quota yet. They did confirm that the updated FUP in Bangalore is for Download only like before. The "upload FUP" has been there for a while, but hardly ever enforced.

Reactions: Deep Saha