ABS Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon (TL;DR: AVOID!)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 20,774
that is why India ranked 89th out 149 nations in internet speeds because no uniformity whereas in australia the fastest internet speed is 40 Mbps but that is all over the country so they ranked 50th

It is the same everywhere, one has to live in a very densely populated country like Japan, South Korea or Singapore to have crazy high speeds everywhere. In Australia, only in a few big cities can you get decent internet, the rest of the country is literally deserted. But yes, I get the point you are making as well, some day we shall have it too. 😉

Last edited:
A lot of Americans are still stuck on dialup based on what I have read.

Hah! yes they are, rural areas, farmers mostly, with their massive farms, they either have a choice for Dial Up or expensive, heavily capped (sounds like India) and laggy satellite internet. Some who have been just within range of broadband but the ISP is unwilling to shell out the money to wire them up, did the wiring themselves at their own expense to the tune of several thousand dollars to get broadband.

Infact in the US cities that have FTTH like Google Fiber and Verzion FiOS and the like, have seen an increase in property demand and hence their values due to the fact!

I live in Sector 38 Gurugram. We have a very little number of choices here when it comes to ISP. Can you suggest me the one I should go for? As I was thinking to go for ABS by Den but I see you're having quite a lot of issues yourself.

Abs looks bad when compared to Excitel when both are working optimally. If you have no better option, ABS seems like a good option. Better than airtel adsl or even vdsl.

One of my friends is having ABS broadband but even he is having connection drop issues. He called up DEN broadband guys and they're saying its cause of his D-Link router as they are facing configuration issues with the same. Can this be true? My friend claimed that he was getting 8 MBps download speed when he plugged the cable directly to his laptop.

Note: He's on 50 Mbps connection.

Abs guys seem to only care about speedtest results on den servers in Delhi. Works fine on that server for obvious reasons. Honestly, ABS only makes sense if alternatives are worse.

Connection drops are going to be there in any case. Too hard to match stability of airtel or even BSNL.

i am using 10g bb in bangalore.they say they were previosly den bb. i face the same issue.speedtest to their server gives full speed as well as on google servers.other server speedtest fluctuate a lot and they are not agreeing the same