ABS Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon (TL;DR: AVOID!)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 20,779
i am dealing with freaking idiots. i posted these results on their facebook page. they called me. told me to do a speedtest on den delhi service. voila, i am getting 25mbps. problem solved. the guy further goes ahead and tells me to clean temporary internet files because my system is at fault. there is no issue from their side. because i am getting 25mbps on their local gateway. does not matter that i can notice the slowdown on regular websites. imgur images are loading at tortoise speeds. speeds on the exact same gateway hard configured on my pi, were fine in the morning and afternoon and evening. but they are fucked up right now.

i do not think it makes sense to stay with them. three months and then goodbye.

changed the server in the speedtest file to their server id (8882). now the graph should be super smooth.

GYay4Gt.png

problem solved!

i am no longer using excitel. it is configured as backup on my load balancer. whenever i switch to it, i notice ping drops so i switch back to abs.

packet loss is back. browsing speeds are horrible. torrents are struggling. but no point complaining because den server pe poori speed mil rahi hai.

1YIZoEq.png

Extra shitty today. Even past midnight. Going down repeatedly for 30 seconds plus. Got so annoying that I turned it off and switched to Excitel just now.

ABS is incredibly fucked up right now. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET everywhere!

after running smoothly for an hour. same problem again. it went down. came back up. nothing loads.

still down. excitel is so smooth at this time of the night. i had forgotten how smooth web browsing could be 😀
i guess i would use excitel as primary and configure abs as the failover network. Rs. 2500 wasted on ABS.

I am amazed how bad they have configured their network, fiber etc. Fiber to home should work without any hiccup but here it is even worse than excitel which works via Lan wire from node.

ABS is incredibly fucked up right now. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET everywhere!
I had the exact same problem with tripleplay however not that severe as yours is. The dataserver guy(so calleD) told me that this is called "multicast packet drop" or something like that. and they even called Huawei network team to fix it, they did fix it however the issue came back in 3 days. This has to be a problem specifically in Gurgaon with major ISP's like tripleplay, excitel, ABS and whatnot with a same backbone i.e TATA COMMUNICATIONS.