ABS Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon (TL;DR: AVOID!)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
This is an unusual error :D that I was getting 5 minutes ago.

Reactions: Rohan Chawla

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
after running smoothly for an hour. same problem again. it went down. came back up. nothing loads.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
still down. excitel is so smooth at this time of the night. i had forgotten how smooth web browsing could be :D
i guess i would use excitel as primary and configure abs as the failover network. Rs. 2500 wasted on ABS.

Reactions: Rohan Chawla

salaxzar

Regulars
Jul 16, 2008
I am amazed how bad they have configured their network, fiber etc. Fiber to home should work without any hiccup but here it is even worse than excitel which works via Lan wire from node.

Reactions: Sushubh

webie

Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
ABS is incredibly fucked up right now. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET everywhere!
I had the exact same problem with tripleplay however not that severe as yours is. The dataserver guy(so calleD) told me that this is called "multicast packet drop" or something like that. and they even called huawei network team to fix it, they did fix it however the issue came back in 3 days. This has to be a problem specifically in Gurgaon with major ISP's like tripleplay, excitel, ABS and whatnot with a same backbone i.e TATA COMMUNICATIONS.

Reactions: Sushubh

aniladivishnu.2000

all about internet
Regulars
Apr 1, 2017
Hyderabad India
that is why India ranked 89th out 149 nations in internet speeds because no uniformity whereas in australia the fastest internet speed is 40 Mbps but that is all over the country so they ranked 50th

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
Aug 23, 2006
Gurgaon
It is the same everywhere, one has to live in a very densely populated country like Japan, South Korea or Singapore to have crazy high speeds everywhere. In Australia, only in a few big cities can you get decent internet, the rest of the country is literally deserted. But yes, I get the point you are making as well, some day we shall have it too. ;)

Last edited: