• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,369

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
Today's TOI news

MTNL services: Malware attack on MTNL broadband in Delhi - Times of India

My office MTNL ADSL has stopped working from 25th afternoon. The ADSL light does not get stable and keeps blinking. Landline works like normal.
Lodged a complaint on 198. Linesman came and found no fault with my line. Then I called 1504 and they said Server mein kuch lafda hua hai.
They asked me to reset my ADSL modem which I did but the ADSL light does not get stable so no use of any further troubleshooting.

Even though the article mentions MTNL Delhi, from Customer Care, I came to know that it has affected MTNL Mumbai and lots of connections are down. Especially the ones with static IP.

Solved with new TP-Link TD8877 modem. I had to change login password before connecting to internet.
Stupid MTNL.

PS: The malware affects TP-Link TD8816 or MTNL branded modems which have “admin” & “password” as default login credentials. Please change your password ASAP.

For me, hard reset did not work and replacing the modem with different model number or brand was the only solution. The Malware renders these modems completely useless.