BSNL 3G 1099 Unlimited plan has a 5GB per day FUP?

• Thread starter Thread starter Vishal05
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 11,760
ISP
BSNL
Is it just me or BSNL has capped their 1099 Unlimited 3G plan to only 5GB/Day?

I am getting 10kbps download speed for last 4-5 days after reaching 5GB download mark.

Edit: After multiple tests on multiple sim cards, it's all pretty much confirmed that BSNL has capped their 1099 plan's download to 10GB/Day.

Anyone on this forum facing the same issue or is it just me? Let me know.

Edit:
May 2018 update: It seems BSNL has completely ditched the 10GB per day limit. This alongside 84 days of validity is just other worldly kind gesture from BSNL. For someone who doesn't have access to proper broadband this is a blessing.

Last edited:
Yes,I am also facing this problem,receiving 10GB/day fup on 1099 plan bsnl 3g truly unlimited plan.Speed gets reduced to 80kbps after using 10GB per day.Do you know any solution?

Same problem here, speed reduced to zero after 10GB. Called C.C. They are clueless as usual.

In Rs. 444 90 days plan, you will get 4x90 = 360 GB .
In Rs 1099 30 days plan, you will get 30x10 = 300 GB

Customers who are paying just double will get less....what a logic

Edit: BSNL's new Rs. 549 plan has 10 GB FUP, 30 days validity

Last edited:
10gb per day on 3g is huge that too on 3g network... better use this plan wisely than misusing it.

Without doubt 10gb per day is great.
But what BSNL is doing right now is called False Advertising.
We were not informed to the slightest that this plan will change like that.
All of their websites are still showing 1099 plan as 'Unlimited bandwidth without speed restrictions'.

I wouldn't mind paying premium for an unlimited 3g Plan either, just don't fool your customers like that by outright lying to their faces.

Now I know, Why BSNL 3G had got stable 10Mbps+ speed since last week. Appreciable initiative but users should get promised benefit.

My monthly usage is less than 70 GB but a few days back i got some work related downloads of about 50 GB needed to be completed ASAP. So i recharged with 1099 even though my 444 plan had one more month remaining.But after about 12 GB speeds have become like dial up. Hovering between 10 KB/s to 13 KB/s.

I get 1 MB/S at night but during the day even if i do not consume 10 GB/day i dont get more than 100 KB/s during day time . I use D-Link 157 data card.

I from haryana and facing the same issue in this BSNL plan Of Rs 1099 that whenever I use this plan and consume beyond 10 gb in a day the speed of the of the internet drops to 78 kbps for about 24 hrs and after that the speed comes back to normal speed.

I think they changed their plan in the month of August

All of you guys are right. I too did some speed tests and the capping is done after 10 gb. Customer care is clueless as usual. Only thing in their hands is to generate a complaint number.

Is there anything we all can do about it ?
Complain somewhere else may be ?

From 10GB /Day FUP has been reduced to 5GB /day....if i had known this would happen i would not have recharged for 1099.:cryingface:

I got similar problem it was around 10Gb then got completely disconnected from bsnl network for 1day (modem red light). Then I got finally connected to 3G network. Then I got throttled to 35kilobytes DL. Now Its already 2 days throttled to 35kilobytes DL. Useless speed. Now I'm curious how long will this throttle devil be switch on. Some says 24h other users I read 4-5 days so I'm curious. can anyone enlighten of this....

UPDATE: its was 3 or 4 days throttled then it restored to previous normal speeds.

IMPORTANT: I found out my signal to BSNL tower is naturally very poor also this can seriously affect net speed. I need to get few meters usb extension cable for modem to movit around to catch unique spot in the place with better signal as this supposed to raise speed -> higher signal quality higher net speeds. Please Google about it if interested about '3g modem antenna'....

UPDATE1:
At the end I'm no more sure whether I got throttle or is this just my poor 3G network signal as I done detail observation it appears my modem or bsnl tower do 'limited service' connection (red modem light) as soon the signal strength on my modem measures -113 dBm or lower which is very poor signal on the bar scale 0-1 bar. As I gone with laptop out of place to the garden then the signal rise'd at once to -99 dBm and modem finally connected to bsnl 3G mode (got green light ZTE modem)...and my download normalized. So it is big question whether are all complaints of users like me actual FUP throttles or its just a poor network signal and 'limited service' connection which disables data connection and one can not connect for internet. Further in my case ZTE USB modem I use the minimum signal strength for 3G connection to bsnl 3g mode must be at least -111 dBm. Also the higher is signal quality 'thats what i read' the higher is potential 3G speed. I actually read somewhere Simply putting antenna or modem out of home/house will rise decently signal quality/bar.... if anyone is interested please check this link for more technical answers on signal limits here is the link

UPDATE2:
NO, After 3G network restored and I could connect then after cca 4Gb of download again same problem - no 3G network connection...status returns "limited service" I read this means or sim card is blocked or there or signal is too weak and not able to connect to tower. Now I suspect once I do some serious DL then I get automatically blocked to not being able to access to bsnl 3G network but 2G connection is fine only 3G impossible. Ok Now is 2 days passed I expecting witihn day or two will get again allowed to connect to bsnl 3G network.... so It sucks completely seems. There is no profit to those guys to allow peoples to download more then 1GB daily.... 10GB daily? Did anyone try to DL 10GB every day for 30+ days.....Im almost sure will get same auto issues like me....BSNL sucks...

UPDATE3:
Uselessly I waited to be able to connect to bsnl 3G tower.... it was just impossible. It was obviously (most probable) the temporary bsnl 3G network ban (unable to connect to their 3G tower). Why I think so because after my recharge plan 1099rs expired 28d validity then funnily very same day green light started on my 3G modem which means my modem is successfully connected to bsnl 3G tower. I tried to connect for internet yet nothing as one would expect for not having any valid data plan recharge. 14 days of data were completely lost. So it seems the bsnl does not tolerate regular DL of of size 10GB or even less. One should try like me to DL every day for 30 days more than 5GB and may end up unable to connect until his recharge validity fully expires...I could actually all this time connect to 2G bsnl and happily "SJIRF" the net (5-6 KB/s)... 🙂.... Im actually tempted to try 5GB daily to see if this is possible for every day to get 5GB data or would get after 15days similar ban....

THE CONCLUSION:
Highly unpredictable and suspicious bsnl offer 1099rs....one may experience all OK and at one point due to unknown limits reached to get actually 'temporary ban' from their network....

Last edited:
It is better to go for 555Rs. plan ( Varies from circle to circle) - 5GB/day then UL at 80Kbps. I am currently using 444Rs. which gives me 4GB/day on 2 sims, so effectively 8GB/day because BSNL isn't allowing 555Rs. plan via balance activation. 444Rs. plan cost me 282 Rs. effectively ( After tax saving on activating via message and extra talk time offer).
*All plans validity is 90 Days.

Is it just me or BSNL has capped their 1099 Unlimited 3G plan to only 5GB/Day?

I am getting 10kbps download speed for last 4-5 days after reaching 5GB download mark.

Edit: After multiple tests on multiple sim cards, it's all pretty much confirmed that BSNL has capped their 1099 plan's download to 10GB/Day.

Anyone on this forum facing the same issue or is it just me? Let me know.

Hi Vishal 05,
My Name is Siva and i'm from AP. I seen your review yesterday. So today i decided for testing BSNL. Are they provided only FUP 10GB/Per Day (or) unlimited. After testing the data, they're providing unlimited data without speed restriction. Today i Downloaded Spring And Hibernate Course From Udemy. It's Completely 7 GB and it takes 4 hours. After that i downloaded Angular Js and it's also 5.532GB and it takes 2 hours. And Right Now I watched 2 movies on youtube with 1080px mode. Everything will be fine. And they give unlimited calling also right now.. And the validity is 84 Days.