• Thread starter Thread starter Shivam255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,043
ISP
Siti Broadband
ns1za4f.jpg
LROG8Qp.jpg

Chalo, at least they acknowledge the fact that their is some packet loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
2-4% loss is when there's lean traffic, it'll reach 10+ on weekends. And regarding temperatures, it seems some Mikrotiks do have these issues where they start dropping packets when board temperature rises.

Last edited:
Same problem here. Opted for Excitel 2 days back. Constant Packet Loss. Games like Titanfall 2 are unplayable, and even in Dota2 packet Loss goes very high multiple times during a match.

2-4% loss is when there's lean traffic, it'll reach 10+ on weekends. And regarding temperatures, it seems some Mikrotiks do have these issues where they start dropping packets when board temperature rises.
then i guess our only hope is as time goes by they stop using those shitty mikrotiks.

@x5or6 same thing is happening to me in battlefield 1, packet loss warning keeps poping up every now and then but or me its sill playable btw strangely i didn't notice anything like that in gta 5.

VPN won't help with packet loss. I don't think they'll replace their Huawei & Mikrotik gear anytime soon as they're in it to make money.(Cicso & Juniper will be 4-8 times costly)

I dunno, VPN helped me a lot with reducing choppiness in GTA Online and Minecraft MP( US Server). While the ping itself was higher (around 6-10ms more) it was a lot more stable. Dont know how much VPN helps with packet loss as mentioned above, its likely due to LCO or Exchange routers overheating.

today was another shitty day with regular downtimes on excitel because of low intensity rains.
and my ups has conked off. once i get that piece of shit fixed, i would apply for den boomband and give them a try.

for me it was down this morning and yesterday night but that was due to fibercut.
I think your lco isn't handling cables properly cause over here it was like raining for whole day but it still somehow managed to stay up.
So i guess it could due to poor cable managed by your lco.

the local linesman told me that water is entering their ethernet cable damaging the switches. they are working on a long term solution.
the problem i am facing at the moment is not due to faulty hardware. i am just being logged out at random intervals (unless my router is the culprit). it has happened before where the connection kept on going down through the night till they fixed their shit at their end in the morning. tonight is one of those nights.
since i do not want to keep on restarting my router every 15 minutes on these random nights... it's better to check out alternatives and see if they are any good. i am not expecting much from den boomband but it would be better than bitching about excitel whenever their local network fucks up like this.

Surprisingly I've only suffered 20 minutes of downtime in two weeks on my new ISP.

Hi Shivam,

We have not refrained from accepting responsibility regarding the issues that our customers face, in fact, we are proactively trying to respond to such queries in terms of being transparent and allowing the customer to set a realistic expectation, depending upon the network quality at the last mile. Does that mean that all areas face the same amount and frequency of disruptions? Certainly not.

We have, for a fact, overhauled the networks at the last mile in some areas, wherein it was found to be significantly inefficient and chronically problematic for the customers being served by it. Our direct and specific intervention in such areas has proved to cause a dramatic increase in the overall network stability.

Unfortunately, this is not a fast process. We understand that gaming requires a heightened level of stability as far as the internet connection is concerned, although some amount of packet loss or jitter is to be expected in a real world environment, irrespective of the ISP opted for. This is certainly not an excuse for longer or more chronic/problematic disruptions which may happen in some cases, however.