Disappointed with Airtel Payments Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 6,492
i am guessing this PhonePe thing doesn't come under this, as this is UPI transfer and that is nt mentioned in this documentation.

Transferred 100 from airtel to stanc acc, not charged anything.

I transferred <1000 to other bank. No charges yet

Source

with UPI, No charge, with Online banking/app/imps they are charging 0.5% for any amount does't matter how mch.

This payments bank has so far failed to get those without bank accounts in significant numbers. Sort of dilutes the purpose of a payments bank. Most customers are those who already have accounts. They should reduce the fees to attract the population without banking access (especially rural people). Present rates are too much for rural people earning 200-300 rupees a day.

Physical debit card would open them to charges of atm and card machine usage. Most banks absorb these costs. Airtel would find it hard to offer it for free.

Physical debit card would open them to charges of atm and card machine usage. Most banks absorb these costs. Airtel would find it hard to offer it for free.
they built atms inside airtel shops(customer relationship center?) near my place. It looks like regular atm but instead of debit card, you enter your phone number and get physical cash

That would probably be in the company owned outlets which are few in a city but assuming it's free, good option to have for working hours.

After n number of complaints with CC they finally asked me to install the Airtel app on other mobile and test it. It worked.
The online debit card showed up in my mobile while i was using my wallet. But it was gone the moment i converted it to a savings bank a/c.
I noted down the debit card(platinum) no/expiry/cvv details and using it.
Used that card for paying all my online bills and got reasonable CASHBACK during the Independence day offers

Surprisingly my debit card shows up on my Airtel app.
To my shock debit card number has changed including Expiry date & CVV.
Now i got the answer why my transactions failed twice this week.
Will they be keep on changing my debit card numbers(coz its virtual card) without informing me?😡

Good thing is now its accepted in payment @uber. Previous numbers starting with 5471 was not accepted @uber
I think now it has beccome a PROPER virtual debit card😱penedeyewink: