Queries about Excitel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivam255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 7,033
hey guys, do we get any kind of grace period like my plan is going to expire on 26 aug, so if i somehow forgot to recharge before 26 what will happen, do we get any grace period for like a day or two so that we can recharge or i be left with no internet ?
Your net will go down exactly at 12AM.... and you will get the option to use the internet for full 2 days by activating grace period..... that option is activated after 12.30AM.... to activate you have to enter your username and registered mobile number....

what kind of ethernet cable are these guys from exctel are using?
cause at my place they are using a really weird thin cable, actually its the most thinnest ethernet cable i have ever seen in my life and that's not it, inside it theirs only 4 wires - "4 wires". As far as i know ethernet cable cable is supposed to have 8 cables. So the hell are these providing internet with their weird ethernet cable?

Don't you need extra wires(other that 4 for 100Mbps) for PoE to work or can power be transmitted along with data in the same wire?

I think they have POE with 8 wires to switches on poles. Dunno how the switches are actually powered. Poe over 2 pairs should work over low distances as the signals doesn't interfere with each other

I think (at least here), they have PoE injector installed with every connection and the wire which comes to my home is 8 pair one which goes to PoE injector and the data only(wire which goes to my router) has 4 pins or maybe they let the first user of the switch power the whole switch for other users as well.

Yup. Three days Infact if I remember correctly. Your net won't go down. You have plenty of time to recharge. In any case, you can queue recharges like jio if you desire.
how to activate grace period ?
As i said earlier i ended up forgetting to recharge my net plan before 25th aug and the grace period didn't activate on its own and i couldn't find any option to activate grace period in my excitel app.

Your net will go down exactly at 12AM.... and you will get the option to use the internet for full 2 days by activating grace period..... that option is activated after 12.30AM.... to activate you have to enter your username and registered mobile number....

When you are in grace period.... the server disconnects you from internet...... but keeps you prompting to activate grace period.... something like when you login at railway station internet.... and it prompts you to enter your mobile number to receive OTP for connecting to internet...

@ijsa i didn't get any prompt like that but with help of some googling i found this page.
0eBFG6U.png

but unfortunately it showed me an error. "wrong username or mobile no." So in the end i ended up recharging through jio 4G.

@ijsa i didn't get any prompt like that but with help of some googling i found this page.
0eBFG6U.png

but unfortunately it showed me an error. "wrong username or mobile no." So in the end i ended up recharging through jio 4G.
Yes... this is the page that one gets for entering in to grace period.....

Talk to your LCO and recharge manually by paying cash.......

Otherwise can you login to their app...... if yes.... did you enter the same username and mobile number as is mapped in your my excitel app..... actually their is mac binding also.... check with your LCO to resolve the situation.....

@ijsa YES i can login to their my excitel app, infact at last when i couldn't figure out the thing about grace period i ended up recharging through my excitel app.
And y im 100% sure that the info that i entered for correct.

@ijsa nope its incorrect as the router that i bought came out faulty so now its sitting at service center, just a couple of days ago i got stand by unite for them so im using that for now.
Does incorrect mac address make any diffrence?