Bsnl Broadband 4mbps plan but getting only 1mbps speed why?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ace Charles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,283
ISP
bsnl
recently changed bb plan from 845uld to 1199uld but speed remains unchanged. talked to SDE and he says the profile is okay and there is no cap.what do i do help....

Are you still getting only 2 Mbps speed ?

What you need to do is go to your DSL modem settings. There you can check the current line speed. Will be something like this :

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 508
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 4095

If it shows downstream as 2048 Kbps, it means the line profile still at 2 Mbps. Need to get that upgraded by BSNL office to 4095 Kbps.

sorry for delay......
my DSL modem settings says ......
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 508
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1024

its not even 2mbps just 1mbps. and i did talk to sde he says profile is set to 4mbps, why would he lie!

Its clearly set to 1 Mbps !

You should go meet the GM/ DGM Broadband of your city/ town ! Ask for a 5 Mbps line profile so that you will get true 4 Mbps !

will do.....thanks.

my full dsl settings ......

downstream upstream

SNR Margin 36.9 15.5 db
Line Attenuation 24.9 14.4 db
Data Rate 1024 509 Kbps
Max Rate 21152 556 Kbps

Last edited:
Ace Charles : your line stats are very good ! just that it is capped to 1 Mbps ! get it upgraded to 6 Mbps !

you should see this after a successful upgrade:
Data Rate ~6144 ~1024 Kbps

i have talked to sde regarding cap, first time he said profile is set to 4mbps. then second time he said let me check and i will call you later. so i am waiting for call.
is there anybody above SDE who knows broadband technical stuff that i can talk to?

I think you should get it changed to 6144 Kbps so you get true 4 Mbps speed as aatuif mentioned above. I also have it at 4096 Kbps, getting around 3.4 Mbps. Will be requesting the same from BSNL office soon.

I Complained on pgportal and local engineer said they cannot increase it above 4000 kbps. They said if they increase the downstream they will have to decrease the upstream which is 494 kbps.I even showed them this forum and how people from other states have got their downstream increased.They even told me if u want it changed u have to go for higher plan.I told them to increase to atleast 4096 and they said increasing to that wont make difference to speed I am on 845 combo plan Getting around 3.4 mbps in speedtest c o m Do They change the downstream as per ur plan? If i complain on facebook or twitter again they direct the problem to the same engineer

Thanks for the heads up, the difficulties of being on BSNL network. Let me check up with Engineer here in Cochin, Kerala, if same response.

man they will not increase port profile. to higher plan. to get it changed change plan to a 8mbps plan. and then contact local exchange. then change plan to a lower plan by tweeting to them.