• Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,209
Status
Not open for further replies.

linpagla

ISP
Reliance Broadnet
Hi friends,
I tried this out and it worked most of the times, though not always!
[*]This is to be used when you do not get an IP and get the message as "Limited or no connection"...
[*]Open your network properties, and manually enter the IP as 192.168.1.17 (Specific to Bangalore, may be different in other places), keep the Subnet mask as default.
[*]Close the properties dialogs. You'll see that the network status shows as connected.
[*]Now Switch Off the power of the POE (The box which is connected to the wimax antenna) for about 4-5 seconds, then switch it on again; wait for a few more seconds, till it stabilizes.
[*]Now open command window (CMD in run dialog) and type:
[/list]
Code:
telnet 192.168.1.1

[*]in the telnet prompt give the user name and password as:
[/list]
Code:
supportsupport

[*]Now in the telnet console enter these commands in sequence:
[/list]
Code:
shsh bs

[*]You'd see a tabular output with about 4 rows. The first column shows the base station, then some columns with some info not reqd for us. Then one status column shows either 'OPER' or N/A. If all the rows show N/A, then enter the command:
Code:
sh bs
a few more times. (You can just just press the up arrow and press enter)
[*]If after repeated tries also you see that no base station gets the status as 'OPER', then type this command:
[/list]
Code:
sh ip wimax

[*]You might not see any IPs coming up, but still try executing this command a few times repeatedly...
[*]Now again give the old command
Code:
sh bs
a few times.
[*]Now most probably you can see one of the base station with status as 'OPER'... Still execute this command a few times... You'll see the uplink speed changing like sometimes 24, or 23, 22, or something like this...
[*]Now again execute the command
Code:
sh ip wimax
a few times repeatedly... You should now be able to see some IPs getting displayed...
[*]In the output of this command, the second last line should be the default gateway IP. Lets call it for out purpose...
[*]Now enter this command:
[/list]
Code:
ping  64 2 10
Replace with your gateway IP that you see, e.g.
Code:
ping 172.167.16.17 64 2 10

[*]Do you see some pinging results coming up like:
Code:
64 bits ... blah blah.... 30ms[OK]
repeated 10 times?
[*]If you see all the 10 pings going on fine without any 'Timeout Errors', then you're done.:thumbsup:
[*]In case you still get 'Timeout Errors' then try the above commands repeatedly a few more times. If you still don't get any ping transfer happening or don't even get an IP, then its certainly time to blast the CC, but make sure you don't mention these things to them... Just say you don't get an IP for your connection 😛
[*]Type
Code:
Exit
to come out of the telnet console. Exit the cmd window as well.
[*]Now open the properties for the network and change the TCP/IP settings to dynamic IP and DNS again, and close it... You should get an IP now... :yahoo:
[*]This method doesn't work every time, but last few days it worked for me most of the times.
[/list]Strangely enough, repeated execution of the telnet commands make the servers respond somehow... Lagta hai laaton ke bhoot baton se nahin mante...:rofl:

u can do 1 more thing if u dont get operational tower...sh running-config do this for 5-6 times..

u can do 1 more thing if u dont get operational tower...

sh running-config

do this for 5-6 times..

OK, I'll try that out next time...

Hi Deleted member 2914, Thanks for your wonderful ideas. I have a strange problem.When i did "sh bs", it shows 4 towers likebs1 ..................... 24 .......c2 ...................... 14 ........c3 ..................... .......c4 .................... ........ But it shows "OPER" to a connection which has signal stength of 14 where there is another connection with 24. Can i manually force it to choose the one with higher signal strength?Please give some ideas. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.