1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

MTNL Mumbai MTNL Mumbai updates its pre-FUP speeds to 6mbps minimum for all plans

Discussion in 'MTNL Broadband' started by beyondinvisible, Jul 8, 2017.

1. socrates

socrates Retired
    Regulars

Absolutely true When I spoke to my SDE. He had famously told me then they give it only to 'high value customers' & gave me some names of locally know businesses. If they think they can still fleece customers they have BADLY miscalculated with the advent of Jio Fiber

2. demonicult

demonicult unspecified
    Regulars

@d5aqoëp
    So unfortunate :(
    I am trying and failing to get FTTH. 2 years go when it all began I was told very low response in my area so they can't get me fiber.
    Few months later they said if only there are 5 MTNL customers in my and nearby building they could try to get FTTH to me as digging up and installation for just one customer is too much cost. In 2 months I got them 5 customers, they requested us to fill the form n alloted a new number just for fiber (which they said is directly connected to mothership exchange). Been more than a year now, no progress. All the people have changed and I need to start forcing FTTH again to them. Hopefully soon.

As of now from what I know they are only giving FTTH where they are getting more than 3-5 customers from one building and some such buildings in the same area. Also they are going for new buildings, I mean the ones under construction. They are setting up FTTH there so a new owner just has to apply.
    They surely have paying customers, so the plan changes keep happening.

I hope MTNL understands they need to send people and promote FTTH.

3. socrates

socrates Retired
    Regulars

The reason they are targeting new bldgs is that many builders are installing fiber lines in their premises & using it as a modern amenity they are offering :biggrin: This saves MTNL the cost of laying a cable to every customers house as they have to only go upto a duct in that premises

4. amish

amish Star gazer
    Regulars

I have started to get 6mbps..right now.

But I am on OLD (discontinued for new users) 660 plan. (truely unlimited - NO FUP)

So I am not sure if its a technical glitch or they migrated me to some new plan.

(mtnl website still shows old plan)

5. demonicult

demonicult unspecified
    Regulars

What was the plan name?

They are migrating some old plan users to new plans, a friend of mine was on some old ₹699 or ₹799 plan, has been migrated to BB-800-2M.

6. amish

amish Star gazer
    Regulars

DSL_Unlimited_Combo_660 .. very old plan. May be 5-6 yr old

7. demonicult

demonicult unspecified
    Regulars

Okay.
    Asked my friend he says his plan was DSL Unlimited 666, 2mbps during night (10-8), from July he has be migrated the above mentioned plan.
    Is yours Night unlimited or full unlimited? any case if the MTNL site says the same old plan yet, you might be lucky to get a speed bump but not the FUP limit. maybe check start of next month, new plan changes start reflecting on the site in new month.

8. amish

amish Star gazer
    Regulars

Its full unlimited.

but speed are back to normal.

looks like it was temporary thing.

9. beyondinvisible

Regulars

In case anyone is interested, the speeds and FUP is now valid till 28th December :biggrin:

Btw, can anyone confirm if they're migrating old users to the new plans?