Hathway Broadband Freeze while downloading/surfing (Skyworth Modem)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8,864
D

Deleted member 63558

Hi, I am seeing an issue with Hathway Broadband is that sometimes while downloading/surfing it freezes and acts like internet is not working for some seconds/minutes.

But the lights on the modem are coming constant/stable.

Area: Delhi
Plan: 50 MBPS

Modem: Skyworth CM5100-511

Photo:

2EGxVTv.jpg

Please help me. @Mr_mime @vishalrao @gambit

Could be device has gone bad, if you can, try with another one?

I don't have another Modem since it is a cable modem.

Which one do you use?

I have a normal TP-Link ADSL modem (with wifi) for my crappy BSNL 4 mbps connection :biggrin:

But I had earlier faced such connectivity issues both on wired (BSNL) and wireless (Airtel 4G) connections and initially I was blaming the ISP and calling CC multiple times, but when I tried a different device the problem got fixed, so I was unnecessarily getting stressed out.

What you are telling is exactly what happened with me today, i was playing game and got disconnected several times but all the lights on the modem(technicolor) were on.
Restarting the modem fixed the problem each time.

After 2pm i didn't face such problem so i think that the problem was solved automatically, maybe it was from their backend.

there are 2 cases in which the problem can bee seen 1:falty modem i had seen with my D-Linnk DSL2750u connected to BSNL Internet 2:latency problem iam now fasing this problem with act you should check the modem with other isp then you know who is at the falt because it can bee 1(modem) or 2(isp) if not chek correctly it is easy to mistake1 for the other