Slow internet speed on Airtel V-Fiber Broadband connecting to servers outside my city

@anon_airtel_user I'm on the same boat. I'm paying 400 rupees a month for 230GB (130+100) data. Never once I faced such issues. They even fixed the UG cables in my street, replaced wiring and the ports in distribution box just so mine doesn't lose sync once in few hours.

@manojrk Which area of Chennai do you live in? If possible please share. I live in Sowcarpet. I badly need someone with proper connection so that I can prove my point to the local service engineer and their team leader.

EDIT: Also, how much time does a port change take? My line is dead from past 3 days and the reason the service engineer gives is that port change is in process.

I live in Anna Nagar. Like I said earlier, this is beyond the local engineer's control and it's definitely not worth the time trying to explain these things to them. What you need is a backend engineer. You cannot contact them directly instead you could request the Nodal officer or Appellate Authority to arrange a call back.

Yesterday, I sent an email to 121 along with appellate.southabts, gopal.vittal and net at in.airtel.com with a link to this thread. Today morning I spoke to Nodal officer (Rakesh). He told me that he understood my problem and it would take maximum 3 days to fix it. I also requested a callback from backend engineer to which he replied that he'll do it within 24 hours. Waiting for a call from backend engineer tomorrow morning.

Any suggestion what I can tell him so that he understands my issue in one go.

"Farther the server, slower the speed".
"Problem with national and international routing".
or maybe something better.

If you do speak to a backend engineer, just explain to him your issue and answer any further queries as required. Let them figure out the cause of the issue and how they would go about fixing it.

I've been waiting for so many days but no call from any backend engineer till now. From 9 July 2017 to till now my line is dead. Fixes were promised from multiple managers (Escalation, Nodal, Appellate etc) but local service engineers didn't obey their orders and failed to get my line working. Solving the speed issue is far away now.

Yesterday, after multiple cancellation of my disconnection requests, I've finally made up my mind not to go with airtel unless I relocate to some other area (someday) or unless airtel replaces their local service team with completely new one (which is actually not possible I think).

Yesterday I sent an email for disconnect my airtel services with heavy heart and opted for Cherrinet after reading few posts in this forum by @manojrk. Thank you for your help guys. You all were helpful in sharing your results and explaining me whom to contact to get solution but airtel and their local team failed to fix my issue.

Airtel gave me back my connection on 26th July 2017 but the problem was still the same.

Good news is that from today morning the speed issue no longer exists. Speed is quite constant. I verified the speeds with other people in my area who faced the same issue but didn't complain to airtel, speed issue is solved for them too. Seems like airtel internally fixed the issue for everyone in our area.

Here's the speed result from various locations.

Chennai
6499382618.png

Mumbai
6499380936.png

New Delhi
6499379504.png

Los Angeles, CA
6499377122.png

Washington, DC
6499373468.png

New York City, NY
6499371411.png

TestMy.Net
OfoqE9Kw2.74Jh9agRS.png

Fast.com 48Mbps

Thanks a lot everyone for sharing your results.