• Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,024

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months, calls it monsoon surprise

"A Monsoon surprise awaits", Airtel tells its customers. The telecom company has decided to extend its previously announced "holiday surprise" offer for the next 3 billing cycles with the new Monsoon surprise offer.

The telecom operator on Saturday sent out emails to Airtel subscribers, mentioning that the company has a "monsoon surprise" for the users. The Airtel holiday surprise offer was initially introduced back in the month of April, and which was suppose to end on July (considering the offer validity was for 3 months). But, now with the coming of monsoon surprise, the offer will continue for the next 3 months.

Under this surprise offer, Airtel has been offering free 10GB 4G data every month to post-paid users. Airtel today sent out emails to select users. "Now as the monsoons approach, we are sending another shower of data your way. I am delighted to share that we are extending the data surprise by another 3 months. Now you get the extra data for 3 more billing cycles. All you need to do is claim your surprise on My Airtel app after 1st July, 2017," the email, which was sent from the office of Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal.

I didn't get this follow-up email (yet). I had gotten the earlier email and SMS and the way to avail that earlier offer was via SMS reply.

Now they are asking to install Airtel app. I guess I am stuck coz the app iOS and Android only and is outdated on Windows Lumia 🙂

FML.

Good thing I got a Jio SIM recently 🙂

Install the app on any friends and family compatible device and just get the offer and uninstall the app. It's that simple, you don't have to do it on your phone.

Thanks for the tip 🙂

Well apparently my 4G quota is showing the extra 10 GB but something is fishy... in just 2 days it shows I have already consumed 10.5 GB which is why I thought I didnt get the monsoon bonus because it looked like I had consumed 500 MB in the last 2 days.

I'm on the 1995 plan for home CPE devices which has standard 30 GB quota. Been getting extra 10 GB with the surprise offers. No other benefits.

I think you should ask them for new plans which is giving 35gb pm for 499. It's for new customers, but all these plans are good for 1 year and higher plans have more benefits.

hmmm yeah maybe i will try calling the CC and try to demand better plans. i am anyways thinking of disconnecting my connection since jio 4g looks promising but i only recently got it and want to see how it works for the next 2-3 months before doing anything.

even if the CC offer better plans they might try to lock in for 1 year which i dont want to do at any cost.

So now JIO will also come up with Monsoon offer, followed by Winter and Summer offers 😀

Airtel have a new Postpaid plan for 299 with unlimited calling and 1gb data. The catch is you are already a Postpaid customer and this one is a secondary connection.

I'm on the 1995 plan for home CPE devices which has standard 30 GB quota. Been getting extra 10 GB with the surprise offers. No other benefits.
Thats rip off . I am using Airtel prepaid on phone with tethering along with Jio mifi.

Rs.244 1GB per day for 70days for airtel in best offer on old 4g mobile
Jio Rs.303+99 for 90+28days for 1GB per day.
switch to other whenever a problem.

I am using best plan available on airtel with 27gb of 4g data along with unlimited calling local std plus 100sms per day and roaming incoming free @249+tax

its a pretty good deal for me