Passport renewal?

Aadhar isn't mandatory but it speeds up the process. I got my passport renewed last month. I filled online application in march, got date of April. Went to the passport office with all required documents etc. Took 2 hours in the office.

1 week post my visit, police inspector called me to setup the date and time as to when he can visit my place. He came on the fixed time. Took signatures of two references and left. Passport came the next week of his visit.

So in all from the day of my visit to the office, it took 2 weeks to receive the passport. Hope this helps.

1. What are the various fees you had to pay?
I think the original fees was Rs 1100 or so and then had to Rs 50 at passport office for receiving SMS details.

2. I know it depends on location and the police guy but still...Pay anything to the inspector who came for the verification? And did he ask you any questions or ask for any documents?
He didn't ask for any money, though he wanted to (could figure from his body language), however I didn't offer and then he finally left lol.

3. What documents do I need? Can I use my old passport itself for name/address etc proof because other than passport I only have DrivingLicense and pan card. Pan card dont have address so cant be used for address proof and DL has an address of a different city.
I used voter id card and aadhar card. They were enough. I think, you cannot use your old passport for proof of address.

I renewed my passport in mumbai in Nov 2016. Form filling was done online as also the payment. In my case there was no change in ANY of the details I provided & I gave my Aadhar as it speeds up the process. I got my passport at home in 24 hrs (No, I am not kidding) :happyblush:The time taken for me in their office was 2 hrs (as compared to 4 hrs the previous renewal) but this was because it was diwali week & many staff manning counter 'C' were on leave. But everyone was working full steam :emoji_thumbsup:

I am trying to log into my Passport Seva portal and it simply tells me that the password is wrong.

Authentication failed. Please enter correct password.

I have changed my password three times now and it keeps saying the same thing. Is my account locked or something?

Changed browsers, operating system, have used a strong password suggested by the browser and also selected one manually. 😐

While using the document advisor, this is what it is suggesting, under normal:

GDn3FHf.png

If I select tatka:

7qQzzku.png

9g9KOzp.png

Does the first case 'normal' suggest that Aadhar and other documents aren't required?