Hathway Broadband in your City

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 77,935
City: Mumbai (suburb : Borivli East)Package: 256 Kbps UL.Cost per Month: 990/- mth + taxes OR Rs.5584/- for six months inc taxes.Positive Points: 1. Rare downtime2. Constant speeds. I get 26 to 28 KB/sec on torrents, sometimes 30 KB/secNegative Points: 1. Not very helpful customer service. (I had lots of problems, but when I approached local engineers directly, they promptly helped me out).General View:I am happy with it, so far using it for 4 years.

City: Chennai Package: 512 Kbps Day Limit: 1 GB, Night Unlimited.Cost per Month: 3 month prepaid pack of 1685/- (works out around 562/- per month ) Positive Points.1. Rare downtime (long downtimes i.e. mostly 2-3 hrs, 1-2 times a month maximum , short downtimes i.e. 5-10 minutes, maybe once a week)2. Daytime speed is good...40-50 KBps steady Negative Points:Night time downloads are slower (reason given...lots of traffic), sometimes as low as 7-8 KBps General View:The main reason, I am sticking with them for 2+ years is because of the low cost, and the comparitively lesser downtime then some other ISPs I have heard about. Also, they were the first ones to knock my door when I bought a PC with Lan card, with an offer of no modem rental/installation charges. so 500 plus taxes is all I have paid them for the past 2+ years (changed the packages though)

City : BangalorePackage cost : 250 RupeesPackage speed : 256 KbpsNegative Points : Horrible time with customer service. Lots of downtime usually over the weekends and holidays. Cancelled the service but yet to get the deposit money.

City: MumbaiPackage Cost: 560/monthSpeed: 512kbps (11pm - 9 am unlimited with upto 1gb data limit in a month)Pros: No downtimes atleast in my area.Cons: They disabled all users accounts by recording the night downloads in our logs.Customer care is pathetic.Even higher officials are rude and by my experience talk like people who come from slums.Dont get speed on torrents.

city:BANGALOREpackage cost:995 p/mspeed:256kbps u/lpros:rare downtimes,constand 22-32 kbps speed on idm..12-25 on p2p,good service considering it's ulcons:slow torrents sometimes as low as 2 kbps avg,doesn't go above 14kbps on torrent at anycost,inefficient customer care

Switched to Airtel 256 kbps unlimited this week.... Seems slightly better than Hathway .. But, I guess too early to judge

City: Mumbai(Dadar(w)Package Cost: 565/monthSpeed: 512kbps (11pm - 9 am unlimited with upto 1gb data limit in a month) positive point :good servicenegative point : dont have DC++ in hathway in my area.

City: HyderabadPackage: Liteway 1 regularCost per Month: 500 + tax etc = 560Positive Points: generally good connection, average customer service,Negative Points: the net is down exactly when I want it, sometimes slow and non responsive customer service, horrible billing department and finally no consistent speed availability. General View: it is a mixed feeling. sometimes they are good and responsive but sometimes they are slow and non responsive. this holds good for the speed of the connection and their customer service. Their billing dept is the worst ever. so, it is not too good but not too bad either. Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum!

City: Pune
Package: Flexiway 256kbps unlimited
Cost per Month: 730 pm incl. ser. tax
Positive Points: Hardly any. Sales person was very convincing.
Negative Points: Connectivity is very bad and speed crawls at anywhere between 66kbps to 155kbps. Sometimes I get 250kbps. Downloads between 5KB/Sec to 15KB/sec. Service is often down. On Aug 27 it was dead from 1pm to 10pm. Their call center is always busy. I faxed them a speed log but there has been no response.

I have decided not to renew Hathway when I complete one month on 19th Sept.

City Pune Package: BSNL 2mbps 500 Home Plan Cost per Month: 500 pm excluding taxes Positive Points: Good speed at reliable cost and night unlimited.Negative Points: Poor customer care.

City BangalorePackage: 618 for two months, 512 kpbs (2 GB cap)Cost per Month: 309 / monthPositive Points: Value for money, no installation chargesNegative Points: Poor customer care, even though they use dynamic IP the connection is always intermittent, poor download speeds(20kbps, if lucky)I was looking for an economical package just to check my emails from home. I spend most of my time in office. I learnt about this package from hathway and immediately went for it.My verdict: Go for airtel/bsnl if u are ready to spend a little more 🙂

City:Mumbai (Suburb: Kandivali(E)Package:512Kbps 1GB limit during Daytime pm,Night Unlimited(11pm - 9am)Cost per Month:1684/- for 3 months (OR Rs 562 pm Inc S.Tax)Positive Points: 1) Very rare Downtime once a month that too for 1/2 hour. 2) Call center Customer service BAD they don't know what to speak and what not to when u talk to terms so they forward the complaint to local cable operator which is the BEST in problem rectifying. 3) Download speeds r gr8 Daytime 45-50 KB/sec Night time in torrents:55-60Kb/sec Night time downloads from websites using download acc: 60-64KB/secNegative Points: 1) Sometime slow speeds. 2) Call center service BAD. General View: I took Hathway mainly because of its low cost and their node to mynearest cable operator.And also I know the strength of the cable modem technology which is 1.5times faster then DSL.

City: PunePackage: 256kBpsCost per Month: 700 oddPositive Points: N.A.Negative Points: It sucks....no speed:huh:General View:Will not recommend

City:Mumbai

"THE PLAN MENTIONED IN THE BRACKET IS THE BEST PLAN IN HATHWAY"
Package:1mbps expressway-1GB limit [512 kbps blast,night unlimited from 11-9,day-3GB]
Cost per Month: Rs.1100+tax/4months [Rs.1685/3months]
Positive Points: VERY GOOD UPTIME... reasonable plans
Negative Points: rarely, there might be connectivity probs..

for more plans: Hathway Datacom Pvt. Ltd.
But the best ISP in Mumbai is:"Fivenet".
>>>>>>>>>>>>NO ISP CAN BEAT FIVENET.